BOFFINS have measured the smallest time frame ever recorded.
To do it researchers on the Goethe College, in Germany, used the zeptosecond, a trillionth of billionth of a second.
They discovered that it takes 247 zeptoseconds for a photon – a kind of particle – to cross a hydrogen molecule. Speak in regards to the blink of an eye fixed. The physicists measured the time interval utilizing a way involving X-rays and a super-powerful microscope.
Scientists have measured the smallest time frame ever recordedCredit score: Getty Photographs – Getty
Whereas there are smaller models of time, for instance the yoctosecond – a septillionth of a second – scientists have up to now not been capable of measure them. A zeptosecond – written as 0.000,000,000,000,000,000,001 – is way shorter than the earlier shortest, a femtosecond. However what if we used them in on a regular basis life?
Sarah Arnold reveals what number of zeptoseconds it took Usain Bolt to set the 100m World File, how lengthy Boris Becker’s notorious restaurant “quickie” was and why Bryan Adams’ 1991 hit music All the things I Do appeared to be within the charts for ever . . .
- Boris Becker’s five- minute Nobu “quickie” intercourse: 300,000,000,000 000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- Usain Bolt’s 100m World File: 19,190,000,000,000,000, 000,001 zeptoseconds.
Usain Bolt’s 19,190,000,000,000,000, 000,001 zeptoseconds world reportCredit score: Getty Photographs – Getty
- Southampton striker Shane Lengthy scored the quickest purpose in Premier League Historical past at 7.69 seconds or 7,690,000, 000,000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- Hollywood actress Patty Duke’s shortest ever Oscar speech saying “Thanks” for Finest Supporting Actress for 1962’s The Miracle Employee (1 second) 1,000,000,000, 000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- A cheetah runs 120kph or 3,600, 000,000,000,000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- The 1881 Wimbledon closing through which William Renshaw defeated John Hartley, 6–0, 6–1, 6–1, was its shorest ever match at 36 minutes or 2,160,000,000,000,000,000, 000,001 zeptoseconds.
Kim Kardashian’s intercourse tape is 39 minutes or 2,340,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 zeptosecondsCredit score: AFP or licensors
- Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody spent 14 weeks at No1 or 8,467,200,000,000, 000,000, 000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- Mariah Carey hit the longest excessive notice at 20 seconds whereas singing Lead The Approach – 20,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- Kim Kardashian’s intercourse tape is 39 minutes or 2,340,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
- Arsene Wenger managed Arsenal for 22 years or 693,792,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,001
- Bryan Adams holds the longest consecutive reign for No1 with 1991 hit All the things I Do (16 weeks) or 9,676,800,000,000, 000,000,000, 000,001 zeptoseconds.
- The time it takes for the human coronary heart to beat 60 to 100 occasions takes on common 60,000,000,000 000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds.
A fast 300,000,000,000 000,000,000,001 zeptoseconds of enjoyment for BorisCredit score: Getty Photographs – Getty
GOT a narrative? RING The Solar on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]