The unofficial update adds a whole host of game fixes (pic: Google)
The handy LE1 Community Patch mod for Mass Effect Legendary Edition has released its latest patch.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is a remastered compilation of all three games in the Mass Effect trilogy but while it proved very popular when it released last year that hasn’t stopped modders from making their own improvements to the games.
The LE1 Community Patch mod is a series of unofficial patches for the three Mass Effect remasters. It’s a rather handy mod which addresses issues that BioWare themselves have not fixed.
Unfortunately, the mod is limited to the PC version of the games but other than that it’s a must-have for any fan.
The latest 1.3 patch addresses various issues in Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition. See below for the official release notes:
- You are now properly able to toggle helmets when accessing the Squad screen using the hotkey
- Wrex’s holstered weapons are no longer clipping into his back when he is wearing heavy armor.
- Fixed an issue where Elcor backs do not glow as strongly as they did in OT
- Fixed elcor back glow
- Also fixed a faulty “Check_Player_Biotic” conditional, restoring several lines across the game where the player mentions being a biotic
- Shepard’s hair will be properly hidden when using the Crisis or Hazard Jormagund armors. This fix will not work for Ashley or Kaidan, and may not work if there are armor or clothing mods conflicting
- Sprinting while getting in the Mako no longer causes the Mako to not have crosshairs
- Fixed an issue when speaking to Ashley or Kaidan after Virmire where cut lines implying the conversation was taking place on a planet’s surface could play
- Fixed an issue where Liara refers to Kaidan with she/her pronouns after the confrontation
- Garrus’s final conversation where he thanks Shepard can no longer be infinitely repeated
- The correct music will now play when escaping the Citadel
- Filled a small hole to the void in Liara’s room
- Fixed an issue where a terminal in the Borealis in Zhu’s Hope could become hackable again after getting the quest from it
- Fixed a problem with a previous bugfix where Hana Murakami’s control panel could become collisionless on certain ambient lines
- Fai Dan’s corpse now properly appears after his suicide
- If you choose to keep Opold’s package for yourself, you are no longer able to turn it in to Anoleis to receive a second mod or the garage pass
- Re-entering the shed with Dr. Warren and Manuel will no longer turn on the conversation lighting before you speak to them (#119)
- Fixed an issue where the Turian buyer in the Wards Market refund conversation could be invisible in some situations
- An inaccessible door behind a wall in Fist’s office will no longer open/close when the player gets near it
Bring Down the Sky:
- Conversation subtitles in BDtS will now respect the user’s subtitle size setting. Unfortunately all subtitles playing on top of pre-rendered videos will still be in medium font size.
- Fixed a small geometry hole in the final area of the DLC
- UNC: Hostile Takeover: Fixed an issue where persuading Helena would not show you the proper message box and allow you to re-enter her base
- UNC: Lost Freighter: Jacob’s facial hair and eyebrows match his hair colour, instead of being grey
- Nonuel: Fixed floating vehicle and interaction points outside the mercenary outpost
- Fixed incorrect text mentioning “Scans from orbit” when surveying a Titanium mineral on foot
- Fixed many misspellings, incorrect grammar, and incorrect numerical formatting in planet descriptions
- The image of the MSV Majesty on the galaxy map will now match the description, and show as very damaged
Jacob’s no longer going grey (pic: moddb)
For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.