Think it’ll pull a Metal Gear Solid 2 and have you play as someone else? (pic: Kojima Productions)
Norman Reedus, who plays the main protagonist in Death Stranding, says that a sequel is being negotiated.
Since the release of Death Stranding, there has been speculation over whether Hideo Kojima will make a sequel or not. For the time being, fans do have the director’s cut to look forward to, which adds brand new content and some new quality-of-life features.
However, while Kojima hasn’t confirmed anything, one of the game’s actors seems to think that a sequel is happening. Norman Reedus, who plays leading man Sam Bridges, told reporter Vitória Pratini from AdoroCinema (via partner site IGN Brasil) that a second Death Stranding is being discussed.
‘I think we’re doing a second Death Stranding. [The game] is in negotiations right now. So… yay!’ he said during a roundtable interview for The Walking Dead’s 11th season.
In July 2021, Kojima Productions told GamesIndustry.biz that Death Stranding had sold 5 million copies worldwide across both PlayStation 4 and PC, adding that it was very optimistic about the release of the director’s cut.
In a Wired video from last year, while Reedus didn’t explicitly mention Death Stranding he did say that he was in talks with Kojima to do more projects.
Originally, Reedus was set to star in Kojima’s Silent Hill project, called Silent Hills, having briefly appeared in the P.T. playable teaser that released in 2014. Despite the positive reception and fan excitement for Silent Hills, publisher Konami wound up cancelling it in the wake of Kojima’s departure from the company.
Reedus was just as disappointed as the fans were at the time. But, shortly before Death Stranding released, he called the cancellation a ‘blessing in disguise’ because it led to Kojima creating Death Stranding, which Reedus considered better than whatever was planned for Silent Hills.
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut releases on September 24 for PlayStation 5.
For more stories like this, check our Gaming page.