In the not-too-distant future…this April A.D.
Have you ever watched an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and gotten angry when the actors stepped on your lines? Well, here’s your chance to command the spotlight. Wide Right Interactive has announced What The Dub?!, a multiplayer party game that tasks you with creating the wittiest dubs to cinema’s most cringeworthy moments.
Available April 8th on Nintendo Switch and other platforms, What the Dub?! will feature over 300 hand-selected clips from “bad” movies, outdated PSAs, and bizarre industrial films. Players will then add their own overdubs to the missing dialogue.
Their dubs are then pitted against other players in a head-to-head clash of comedy. The players – along with up to 6 audience members – then vote for their favorite dub! What The Dub?! takes “bad movie night” and expands it into an interactive, fast-paced, multiplayer game that friends and family, both local and afar, can enjoy!
Over the course of several rounds, What The Dub?! challenges players to produce the most humorous replacement dialogue for a vast collection of public domain movie clips. Win the crowd over with your dubs and you’ll rack up points. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins. It’s just that easy!
In other words, What The Dub?! features:
- Casual party fun for up to 12 players, with 6 entering their dubs and an additional 6 audience members voting on their favorites.
- Over 300 hand selected clips to ensure hours of unique movie dubbing fun for players wisecrack, quip and insult the night away!
- Easy access and connectivity with friends and family as players can interact with the game using any device which can access a browser: phones, tablets, or computers.
- Players will be able to hear their witty creations live! Replacement dubs are played back embedded in the clips using text-to-speech.
- Original score by Emmy nominated composer Jonathan Hylander. (Nominated for a Daytime Emmy and Annie Award for his work on Sanjay and Craig.)
What the Dub?! will be available for Nintendo Switch on April 8th. For more information, visit WideRightGames.com.