Still hacking and slashing after all these years.
Now it can be told.
We were supposed to hold this announcement until tomorrow, but it’s such a cool release that many sites apparently couldn’t hold their britches and broke the embargo. We will, too, since we’ve now been told it’s okay.
Nintendo fans may recall the classic D&D action role-playing game, Baldur’s Date: Dark Alliance, originally released for the GameCube and GameBoy Advance. A remastered release is now coming to Nintendo Switch, and it’s doing so tomorrow, May 7th.
The announcement comes from Interplay Entertainment (IPLY) and Wizards of the Coast, and was officially broken by IGN. Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance drops players into the heart of Faerûn for the expected looting and leveling. Players will need to actively defend against and dodge attacks, evade deadly traps and fight hordes of monsters. They’ll do so while in the control of three customizable heroes who will adventure through dozens of locations across three massive acts.
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance will feature:
- Three race and class combinations. Play as a dwarven fighter (Kromlech), a human archer (Vahn) or an elven sorceress (Adrianna).
- 11 vividly rendered spells, including Magic Missile, Otuluk’s Icy Sphere, and Mordenkainen’s Sword.
- More than 40 types of monsters and boss villains.
- Over 25 active and passive skills to buff your adventurer’s ability to deal and take damage.
- Varied environments, from the sewers beneath the city of Baldur’s Gate, to the Sunset Mountains, to the Marshes of Chelimber.
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer.
- Full voice-acting by an all-star cast.
- Local co-op support.
This release precedes Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance coming in June, but it looks like that game won’t be arriving on the Nintendo Switch.
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance for Nintendo Switch will be available May 7th for $29.99.