APPLE analysts are speculating that the iPhone 13 may never come to market.
The tech giant is expected to launch its next phone later this year but some people think superstition about the number 13 might mean we skip straight to the iPhone 14.
Some Apple fans think we won’t see an iPhone 13 at all
Some rumours even suggest an iPhone 12S could be coming out.
Famed Apple leaker Jon Prosser is just one of the experts suggesting the 12S model is on the horizon.
The theory for this stems from supposed leaks suggesting the next iPhone won’t be that much different to the current 12 model and therefore may only be given an ‘S’ title.
It could be a similar situation to when the iPhone 6S came out in 2015 after the 2014 release of the iPhone 6.
Leaker Jon Prosser has suggested an iPhone 12S may come out this yearCredit: AP:Associated Press
The same thing happened in 2018 when the iPhone XS came out as a follow up to 2017’s iPhone X.
Lots of people fear the number 13 because they believe it’s bad luck.
The number is sometimes not used as a floor number in buildings or on cruise ships.
However, this hasn’t seen Apple shy away from the number in the past.
The tech brand did bring out an iOS 13 and an A13 Bionic chipset.
Another theory is that Apple will bring out an iPhone 12S so that it’s 2022 iPhone 14 can be a design overhaul.
According to 9to5Mac, famous Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has made some rather striking predictions about upcoming iPhones.
Kuo thinks we’ll need to wait for the iPhone 14 to see a significant change to the phone’s front screen as they predict it will lose the controversial notch cut out.
Kuo also thinks there could be a foldable iPhone coming in 2023 but hasn’t given many specific details.
As with all rumours and speculations, we can’t be sure what the next iPhone will be called until official word from Apple.
The tech giant usually brings out its new smartphones around September each year.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X or later model), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
In other news, your iPhone keeps track of where you go, the date you went and even how many times you’ve been to a particular location.
Controversial social media platform Parler has reportedly been banned from returning to iPhone.
And, a new feature for the Apple Find My app could let you know if someone is stalking you.
Do you think Apple should skip iPhone 13? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]