YOU can record everything on your iPhone screen without installing a single extra app.
Tech giant Apple built a special screen recorder right into the iPhone operating system.
Recording your iPhone screen is actually really, once you find the hidden featureCredit: Alamy
If you’re wondering why you’d want to record your phone screen, there are loads of great reasons.
Maybe you’re playing a game and want to share some awesome footage, or maybe you’re helping a friend who can’t work out how to use their phone, and you want to send them a quick video guide.
Whatever the reason you want to record iPhone video footage, here’s an easy guide.
But remember: don’t use screen recording to steal copyright material and share it. Even though it’s just a recording, it’s still illegal.
How to record iPhone screen
Then, you need to add Screen Recording to your Control Centre:
- Go to Settings > Control Centre > Customise Controls
- Then tap the ‘+’ icon next to Screen Recording
Press record and you’ll get a three-second countdown before filming beginsOnce that’s done, you can record your screen by doing the following:
- Open the Control Centre by swiping up from the bottom edge of your screen. On an iPhone X, you’ll need to swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen. On an iPad, you can just double-click the Home button
- You’ll see a new circle icon for screen recording
- Tap it and you’ll be given a three-second countdown
- To capture sound while you record, press deeply on the circle icon and tap Microphone Audio
- To stop recording, open the Control Centre and tap the red circle. Alternatively, tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop
Once you’re done recording, you should be able to view your footage in your Photos app.
The clip will just be a normal video file, so you should be able to share it with friends over WhatsApp or Twitter.
We’d advise caution about what you share, though. If you’re sharing videos of messages sent by other people, or photos of friends, make sure to get their permission first.