Table of Contents
SIRI is great for answering everyday questions for iPhone users but did you know the virtual assistant also has lots of hidden ‘Easter eggs’?
Apple users can try out the jokey hidden features themselves, just try asking Siri some of the questions below.
Siri has built in answers to ‘joke’ questionsCredit: Getty Images – Getty
Any device that Siri is on should have the ‘Easter eggs’ programmed in.
This includes iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Apple TV and more.
Easter eggs like this give software a bit more of a ‘personality’ and they’re also just a bit of fun.
If you’re bored or want to try and impress a friend, Siri can treat you to jokes, poetry, riddles and more.
Ask the questions to any Apple device that has SiriCredit: Getty – Contributor
Siri isn’t the finest comedian but the virtual assistant knows a few standard ‘Dad jokes’.
Ask Siri the following and see what it says:
- Hey Siri, why did the chicken cross the road?
- Hey Siri, knock knock.
- Hey Siri, tell me a joke.
- Hey Siri, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Random Siri questions
Some of the Siri Easter eggs are more peculiar than others.
The virtual assistant also has answers to:
- Hey Siri, make me a sandwich.
- Hey Siri, talk dirty to me.
- Hey Siri, do I look fat in this?
- Hey Siri, did you just vibrate?
- Hey Siri, can you stop time?
- Hey Siri, Alexa.
- Hey Siri, what’s your best pick-up line?
- Hey Siri, testing 1,2,3.
- Hey Siri, I need to hide a body.
- Hey Siri, do you have a girlfriend / boyfriend?
- Hey Siri, when will hell freeze over?
- Hey Siri, are you going to take all of my money?
- Hey Siri, do you have any pets?
Seasonal Siri Easter eggs
Ask the virtual assistant:
- Hey Siri, what should I be for Halloween?
- Hey Siri, where does Santa live?
Books, Music and TV
Siri can also say silly things about poetry, books, music and TV and movies. Try saying:
- Hey Siri, read me a haiku.
- Hey Siri, read me a poem.
- Hey Siri, tell me a story.
- Hey Siri, beatbox for me.
- Hey Siri, where is Elvis Presley?
- Hey Siri, what does the fox say?
- Hey Siri, mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest one of them all?
- Hey Siri, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
- Hey Siri, blue pill or red pill?
- Hey Siri, find me directions to Mordor.
- Hey Siri, I’ll be back.
- Hey Siri, is winter coming?
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
In other news, iPhone users with blockers for “adult content” turned on are not able to search the internet for the word “Asian”.
Twitch streamer Indiefoxx has been banned from the platform again over strict nudity rules.
And, Netflix is trialling a viewing timer feature that can pause an episode for you if you fall asleep.
What’s your favourite Siri Easter egg? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]