LIMITED edition AirPods have been released by Apple to celebrate the Year of the Ox.
There’s only a certain number avaliable and they’re only being sold in select countries.
The new AirPods are to celebrate the Year of the OxCredit: Apple
If you follow the Chinese zodiac calendar you’ll know that 2021 is the Year of the Ox.
To celebrate Apple has created a limited edition AirPods Pro range with a cute picture of an ox on them.
The ox icon is printed onto the charging case.
It also features on the box.
The ox is featured on the charging caseCredit: Apple
The Ox-edition earbuds are being sold in select countries across Asia.
This includes Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia and China.
There is reportedly no price increase for the special AirPods in these countries.
Each customer on the Apple Store can only buy two pairs.
This could combat people bulk buying and then reselling at a higher price.
According to the Chinese Apple Store, there are only 25,000 of the limited edition AirPods for sale.
If you’re not in the catchment area for these AirPods you could still get an ox engraved onto a regular pair.
If you buy the earbuds from the Apple Store you have the option to engrave them and an ox emoji is one of the many choices.
Apple AirPods 2 review – The Sun’s verdict
Here’s what tech editor Sean Keach had to say…
- The AirPods are a masterclass in design: they look great, they work flawlessly and they make your life easier.
- If you’re moving from regular cabled earbuds to AirPods, you’ll never want to go back.
- I found the fit to be tight and secure even when running, and – despite my initial fears – I’ve never managed to lose one.
- Battery life is better than ever, the new wireless charging is pretty handy (although the £40 upgrade won’t be for everyone), and hands-free Hey Siri is a useful feature if you’re brave enough to use it.
- The AirPods 2 are attainably priced, retain all the best bits from the beloved original buds, and offer some minor upgrades to boot.
- They’re probably not worth an upgrade from the original AirPods unless (1) your old ones have dead batteries, (2) you’re a wireless charging fanatic, or (3) you’re an Apple obsessive.
- But for newcomers and gadget lovers, I can’t recommend the new AirPods enough.
- The Sun says: The ultimate earbuds for iPhone owners, these easy-to-love headphones are the simplest way to upgrade your audio game today. ★★★★★
In other news, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 phones are said to have a security vulnerability with their fingerprint scanners.
Donald Trump has banned eight major Chinese apps from operating in the United States as part of efforts to protect national security.
And, sex tech company Lovense has just launched a group feature in its Lovense Remote app that sex toy fans could use for virtual group orgies.
Do you want the new AirPods? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]