Table of Contents
THE ROAD to the World Cup 2022 begins.
Subsequent up is the qualifying draw as European groups be taught their destiny for the large event in Qatar.
England are in Pot 1 whereas Wales are in Pot 2, with Pot 3 containing Scotland, the Republic of Eire and Northern Eire
When is the World Cup 2022 qualifying draw?
- The World Cup 2022 qualifying draw for European nations will get underway on Monday, December 7.
- All of it begins from 5pm GMT.
- Fifa’s HQ in Zurich, Switzerland performs host with no members of soccer associations in attendance due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The draw will probably be reside streamed for FREE on Fifa.com.
How does the draw work?
- The 55 European groups have been break up in six Pots owing to their Fifa world rankings.
- I.e the highest 10 groups from the Fifa world rankings in Pot 1 and so forth.
- There are 10 groups in Pots 1-5 and 5 in Pot 6.
- The groups will then drawn from the Pots into ten teams: 5 teams of 5 groups (Teams A–E) and 5 teams of six groups (Teams F–J)
- 13 groups from Europe will then qualify for the World Cup finals – 10 group winners and three from play-offs which can embrace the 2 greatest Nations League group winners who haven’t already certified or taken up a runners-up spot.
The World Cup qualifying draw will probably be happening from Zurich
What are the confirmed pots, and the way have they been determined?
The Pots have been divided up on Fifa’s present world rankings, with fourth-placed England in Pot 1.
- Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands
- Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania
- Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Eire, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Eire, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland
- Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxembourg
- Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra
- Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino
Who might England face?
Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions are in Pot 1, which means they are going to keep away from the large boys like World Cup holders France.
They may face Wales, Scotland, Northern Eire or Republic of Eire as there are not any restrictions for this draw.
When are the qualifying video games?
The qualifying marketing campaign begins subsequent March and runs proper up till November.
- Matchday 1 – 24-25 March 2021
- Matchday 2 – 27-28 March 2021
- Matchday 3 – 30-31 March 2021
- Matchday 4 – 1-2 September 2021
- Matchday 5 – 4-5 September 2021
- Matchday 6 – 7-8 September 2021
- Matchday 7 – 8-9 October 2021
- Matchday 8 – 11-12 October 2021
- Matchday 9 – 11-13 November 2021
- Matchday 10 – 14-16 November 2021
- Play-off semi finals – 24-25 March 2022
- Play-off finals – 28-29 March 2022
When is the World Cup 2022?
For the primary time, the World Cup will probably be performed in winter in 2022 in a bid to supply a cooler local weather.
The 2022 World Cup begins on November 21, 2022.
The ultimate will happen on December 18, 2022.