Table of Contents
THE countdown to the 2022 World Cup continues.
It might really feel like a very long time till the finals in round two years’ time, however qualifying is already underway in South America – and now it is time for European nations, including England, to discover their fate.
England are in Pot 1 whereas Wales are in Pot 2, with Pot 3 containing Scotland, the Republic of Eire and Northern Eire
When is World Cup qualifying draw?
A complete of 13 nations from Europe will make it by means of to the finals in Qatar as soon as qualifying is full.
55 groups will go into the hat for the qualifying draw and be sorted into ten teams.
- The draw will probably be held in Zurich TODAY, on Monday, December 7.
- It’ll start at 5pm GMT.
- The 55 groups will probably be cut up in six totally different Pots, with ten in Pots 1-5 and 5 in Pot 6.
- The groups will probably be drawn into ten teams: 5 teams of 5 groups (Teams A–E) and 5 teams of six groups (Teams F–J)
- England are in Pot 1, whereas Wales are in Pot 2 after their wonderful efficiency within the Nations League.
Qatar is ready to host the match for the very first timeCredit score: AFP
Which TV channel and dwell stream can I watch it on?
As but, TV protection continues to be to be confirmed within the UK.
However you may watch the draw for FREE on Uefa’s official web site.
South American nations have already begun their qualifying marketing campaignCredit score: Reuters
The governing physique will probably be offering a streaming hyperlink which let you watch in your cellular, pill or PC.
And right here on SunSport we’ll be operating a devoted LIVE BLOG from Switzerland so you do not miss a factor.
- Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands
- Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania
- Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Eire, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Eire, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland
- Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxembourg
- Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra
- Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino
England will probably be hoping to go one higher than they did in 2018, the place they crashed out within the semi-finalsCredit score: EPA
World Cup key dates
- Matchday 1 – 24-25 March 2021
- Matchday 2 – 27-28 March 2021
- Matchday 3 – 30-31 March 2021
- Matchday 4 – 1-2 September 2021
- Matchday 5 – 4-5 September 2021
- Matchday 6 – 7-8 September 2021
- Matchday 7 – 8-9 October 2021
- Matchday 8 – 11-12 October 2021
- Matchday 9 – 11-13 November 2021
- Matchday 10 – 14-16 November 2021
- Play-off semi finals – 24-25 March 2022
- Play-off finals – 28-29 March 2022
- 21 November to December 18, 2022