FORMER Liverpool centre-back Ozan Kabak is set to leave Schalke for Norwich, according to reports.
The Canaries are reportedly eyeing a loan move for the 21-year-old who is expected to depart the German side imminently.
Former Liverpool defender Ozan Kabak is set join Norwich from SchalkeCredit: Eddie Keogh Telegraph Media Group
Talks are said to be progressing well between the two sides.
Fabrizio Romano tweeted on Monday morning: “Norwich have made an official bid to Schalke for Ozan Kabak.
“Talks progressing to reach an agreement after Torino proposal turned down three days ago. #Norwich #NCFC.
“Kabak will leave Schalke in the next hours. Work in progress.”
And Sky Sports Germany reporter Max Bielefeld added: “Norwich would like a loan deal, negotiations ongoing.”
But the Canaries appear to have won the race for his signature.
Liverpool paid £1million to loan the 12-cap Turkey international in January but opted against a £17m purchase option.
The centre-back failed to impress in just 13 appearances and Liverpool instead turned their attention to Ibrahima Konate, who signed from RB Leipzig earlier this summer.
A wealth of clubs have been linked with Kabak since but a move has failed to get off the ground.
The German side were relegated to the 2. Bundesliga last season.
⚽ Read our Transfer news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
Kabak’s contract runs to 2024 and SunSport revealed in May he was demanding a whopping £80,000 weekly salary to move back to the Premier League.
Leicester were also strongly linked with the defender, who remained on the bench for Turkey’s short Euro 2020 campaign.
Schalke were said to be demanding £12.8m for the transfer.