SCOTLAND are in buoyant mood as they get their World Cup qualifying campaign underway at home to Austria.
In November, the Scots booked their place at Euro 2020 – their first tournament since 1998 – with an epic penalty shootout win in Serbia.
Scotland are looking to make it to the World Cup after their successful qualification for the EurosCredit: Getty Images – Getty
Austria are likely to be among Scotland’s toughest World Cup qualifying opponentsCredit: EPA
But their opponents will be a tough proposition have eased through their Euro qualifying group in second spot.
Denmark, Israel, the Faroe Islands and Malta are the other teams who will feature in this qualifying group.
The top team will qualify for the World Cup while the runners-up will enter a four-team play-off tournament.
What time does Scotland vs Austria kick off?
- Scotland vs Austria takes place on Thursday, March 25.
- The match kicks off at 7.45pm.
- It will be held at Hampden Park.
- Last time the two sides met in an official match was back in 1997 when Kevin Gallagher netted twice as Scotland were 2-0 winners and went on to qualify for World Cup 98.
What TV channel is Scotland vs Austria on and can I live stream it?
- Scotland vs Austria is live on Sky Sports Main Event.
- Coverage commences at 7pm – 45 minutes before kick-off.
- To stream the game live, head to Sky Go.
- Non-Sky Sports subscribers can still watch all the action live with a Now TV Day Pass from £9.99.
Scotland have a decision to make on penalty hero David Marshall with the goalkeeper only recently having recovered from injury.
Ryan Jack has withdrawn from the squad meaning Scott McTominay could move to his traditional role in midfield with Scott McKenna starting in defence.
Che Adams has joined the Scotland squad for the first time but Lyndon Dykes and Ollie McBurnie are both more likely to start up front.
Marko Arnautovic has not been picked for the Austria squad while Julian Baumgartlinger is out injured.