ITALY will face Agrentina in a clash between the winner of the Euros and Copa America dubbed ‘Finalissima’.
The match has been played just twice before in history, with the last one taking place in 1993, when Argentina took on Denmark.
Italy beat England in the final of Euro 2020 last summerCredit: AP
Argentina beat Brazil in the Copa America final in 2021Credit: Reuters
It was also played in 1985 between France and Uruguay but after the 1993 match, the format was discontinued.
The night will be an emotional one for Italian captain Giorgio Chiellini, who is retiring from international football at the scene of his greatest triumph – last year’s Euro 2020 final win over England.
What time does Italy vs Argentina kick off?
- Italy’s big clash with Argentina will get underway from 7.45pm UK time on Wednesday, June 1.
- The game will be played at Wembley Stadium in London.
- As there is a trophy at stake in this match, there will have to be a winner and a loser. That means the Wembley crowd will be treated to a penalty shootout after 90 minutes if the scores are level.
- Italy’s last game with Argentina was a friendly in 2018, and they lost 2-0.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Italy vs Argentina will be shown live on Premier Sports 1 in the UK.
- A Premier Sports subscription is available for UK viewers from £9.99/month.
- You can live stream the action from the Premier Player, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
There are first call-ups to the Italy squad for Empoli’s Andrea Pinamonti and Sassuolo’s Davide Frattesi.
Lorenzo Insigne, Nicolo Zaniolo and Moise Kean have all been included in Roberto Mancini’s side.
Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria are in Argentina’s side, and have just joined up with the team following the conclusion of the Ligue 1 season.
Tottenham’s Cristian Romero is also available for the clash at Wembley.