Table of Contents
- England cricket fixtures 2021
- Winter dates
- Summer dates
- Will fans be allowed at England’s summer matches?
ENGLAND are preparing for a huge summer of cricket with fans set to return to stadiums.
Joe Root and Eoin Morgan’s sides are looking to get back to winning ways after being beaten by India across all three formats.
Root’s England were beaten in IndiaCredit: AFP or licensors
England cricket fixtures 2021
It’s set to be a busy year for England, with a packed winter schedule before welcoming Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka for home fixtures in the summer.
Currently, the Ashes 2021-22 schedule hasn’t been released but we’ll update you with those dates when we have them.
Here’s how 2021 is shaping across the Test, T20 and ODI formats:
Sri Lanka Test series (away)
India Test series (away)
India T20 series (away)
India ODI series (away)
Jimmy Anderson is looking to break more records this yearCredit: Getty – Pool
New Zealand Test series (home)
- 1st Test, Lord’s – Wednesday, June 2 (11am BST)
- 2nd Test, Edgbaston – Friday, June 11 (11am BST)
Sri Lanka ODI series (home)
- 1st ODI, Chester-le-Street – Tuesday, June 29 (11am BST)
- 2nd ODI, The Oval – Thursday, July 1 (1pm BST)
- 3rd ODI, Bristol – Sunday, July 4 (11am BST)
Pakistan ODI series (home)
- 1st ODI, Cardiff – Thursday, July 8 (1pm BST)
- 2nd ODI, Lord’s – Saturday, July 10 (11am BST)
- 3rd ODI, Edgbaston – Tuesday, July 13 (1pm BST)
Pakistan T20 series (home)
- 1st T20, Trent Bridge – Friday, July 16 (6.30pm BST)
- 2nd T20, Headingley – Sunday, July 18 (6.30pm BST)
- 3rd T20, Old Trafford – Tuesday, July 20 (6.30pm BST)
India Test series (home)
- 1st Test, Trent Bridge – Wednesday, August 4 to Sunday, August 8 (11am BST)
- 2nd Test, Lord’s – Thursday, August 12 to Monday, August 16 (11am BST)
- 3rd Test, Headingley – Wednesday, August 25 to Sunday, August 29 (11am BST)
- 4th Test, The Oval – Thursday, September 2 to Monday, September 6 (11am BST)
- 5th Test, Old Trafford – Friday, September 10 to Tuesday, September 14 (11am BST)
Pakistan T20 series (away)
- 1st T20, Karachi – Thursday, October 14 (2pm BST)
- 2nd T20, Karachi – Friday, October 15 (2pm BST)
T20 World Cup – India
- TBC – October to November
- TBC – November/December – January/February
Will fans be allowed at England’s summer matches?
- As per the government’s roadmap out of lockdown, cricket stadiums will open to a capacity of 25 per cent or ten thousand – whichever is lower – from May 17.
- That means England’s two Tests against New Zealand are set to be played in front of a 25 per cent capacity.
- All social distancing restrictions are scheduled to be removed on June 21, meaning the rest of England’s summer fixtures can be played in front of a full house.