Caitlyn, 72, took issue with the teaser, which appeared to show Mr Trump, 75, storming off set. The former president has issued a statement claiming the clip was ‘doctored’ and that he did not walk off camera.
Supporting Mr Trump, Caitlyn wrote on Twitter: ‘“This is a pathetic attempt to use President Trump as a way to revive the career of a failed television host,” @TayFromCA …couldn’t agree more. @piersmorgan I have just had my management cancel my appearance with you for this Wednesday because of your repulsive misconduct today.’
She also responded to Donald Trump Jr, writing of Piers: ‘He is a pathetic. Expose him! Never will do his show again! Ever! @piersmorgan.’
Piers responded: ‘Hi Caitlyn, I thought you hated cancel culture? I did a 75-minute interview with President Trump, why don’t you actually watch it before deciding how I behaved?’
The dramatic trailer, released on Wednesday, shows Mr Trump calling Piers, 57, a ‘fool’ before walking away.
Mr Trump has since issued a statement saying: ‘Piers Morgan, like the rest of the fake news media, attempted to unlawfully and deceptively edit his long and tedious interview.
‘He wanted to make it look like I walked out on the interview when my time limit of 20 minutes went over by an hour. The interview was very strong on the 2020 election fraud, with me calling him “a fool” if he truly believed those results.’
Law enforcement agencies previously concluded that there was no widespread voter fraud in the presidential election on November 3, 2020.
Piers released a trailer for the explosive interview (Picture: TalkTV)
The statement continued: ‘For those who want to make Piers look bad, compare his video promo and how it was doctored to the real thing.
‘Hopefully, they will now be doing some big changes to their final product.’
Piers fired back at Trump’s comments while thanking him for his time and a ‘great interview’.
‘Sorry you got so annoyed that I don’t believe the 2020 election was rigged or stolen from you, but as I said, where’s your proof?’ he continued.
‘If you have it, show us – or accept the result and move on.’
Piers’ 75-minute interview with Trump will be screened on TalkTV on Monday.
Last year, he made headlines after leaving ITV breakfast show Good Morning Britain following an on-air clash with weather presenter Alex Beresford over the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.
The former tabloid editor said he did not believe Meghan Markle’s claims from the headline-making interview, with his comments sparking more than 50,000 complaints, the most in Ofcom’s history.
Piers Morgan Uncensored launches on Monday at 8pm on TalkTV.