Hello and welcome. Today, day five, marks the single busiest day of these Games – a total of 62 (sixty-two!) gold medals are up for grabs across 17 sports. We’re already two down – in the early-starting men’s and women’s PTWC triathlon. More on those races shortly. But for now, here’s what else is on today’s agenda, courtesy of my colleague Martin Belam.
All events are listed here in local Tokyo time. Add an hour for Sydney, subtract eight hours for Leeds, 13 hours for New York and 16 hours for San Francisco.
- 6.30am and 8.30am Triathlon – it is another early Tokyo start for the paratriathletes. There are four races today, as the men and women compete separately in the PTWC and PTS5 categories. 🥇
- 8.30am-7.30pm Wheelchair fencing – Sunday sees the men’s and women’s team foil competitions. The medal bouts start at 5.30pm 🥇
- 9am-7.30pm Football 5-a-side – the first day of this event sees four men’s preliminary group games, opening with the hosts against France.
- 9am-10.44am and 5pm-7.32pm Swimming – the swimming never stops, there are 13 golds on offer in the pool on Sunday 🥇
- 9.30am-11.50am Rowing – the first medals at the Sea Forest Waterway will come on Sunday. There are finals in the men’s and women’s PR1 single sculls, the PR2 mixed double sculls and the PR3 mixed coxed four 🥇
- 9.30am-1.02pm and 7pm-10.02pm Athletics – another busy day on Sunday, with the evening session in particular featuring nine finals on the track 🥇
- 10am-2pm and 4pm-8pm Table tennis – there are eight singles finals across the day 🥇
- 11am Wheelchair tennis – the schedule is back on track and there will be another full day of play at Ariake Tennis Park – we’ll get quarter-finals in the women’s doubles and the semi-final of the quads’ doubles.
- 2pm and 6pm Wheelchair rugby – first the bronze medal match between Australia and Japan and then the gold medal final between the US and Great Britain 🥇
- 4.30pm-7.50pm Judo – there are five gold medals on offer in the evening session 🥇
- 6pm Equestrian – it is test to music in the dressage, with the gold medal contest for Grade IV starting at 7.32pm 🥇
- 7.36pm-7.56pm Archery – the competition runs all day, but in the evening at Yumenoshima Final Field it will be time for the mixed team compound archery bronze contest, followed by the gold medal match 🥇