England is now in its second nationwide coronavirus lockdown which has hit companies onerous. (Image: Hugh Hastings/Getty Pictures)
Now, with additional lockdowns blighting companies and the furlough scheme prolonged till March 2021, the SEISS has been prolonged once more to proceed to help the self-employed by means of the months forward.
The scheme is offering two additional grants, every out there for 3 months, to cowl the durations of November 2020 to January 2021 and February 2021 to April 2021.
Right here’s find out how to apply for the self-employed grants and when:
Go to our stay weblog for the most recent updates Coronavirus news live
When are you able to apply for the self-employed grant?
The net service for the subsequent grant will probably be out there from 30 November 2020.
The grant (which is taxable) is calculated at 80% of three months common month-to-month buying and selling income. The grants are capped at £7,500 complete for the three month interval.
To be eligible for the grant extension, the federal government state that self-employed people should:
- Have been beforehand eligible for the primary and second SEISS grants (though they don’t have to have claimed)
- Declare that they intend to proceed to commerce and both:
- are at the moment actively buying and selling however are impacted by diminished demand on account of coronavirus
- have been beforehand buying and selling however are briefly unable to take action on account of coronavirus
You’ll be able to apply for the SEISS on-line. To apply for the self-employment grant, click here.
You will want the next data handy so as to apply:
- Self Evaluation Distinctive Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- Nationwide Insurance coverage quantity
- Authorities Gateway person ID and password (you may create one among these if oyu don’t have one already)
- UK financial institution particulars (solely present checking account particulars the place a Bacs fee might be accepted) together with: checking account quantity, kind code, title on the account, your handle linked to your checking account
Share your views within the feedback under.