School’s back and suddenly the next holiday seems a very long way off (Picture: Getty Images)
Christmas is over for another year and that means, as well as the return to work, kids are heading back to school for the start of the new term.
Schools are reopening amid concerns over the spread of the Omicron variant – with secondary school students having to wear face masks in classrooms, as well as concerns that homeschooling could return if too many teachers are off sick.
Add to that the fact that the excitement of Christmas is over, the nights are long and the days are cold, and suddenly it seems like an awfully long time until the next holiday.
Just when is the half-term break this term – and when are the rest of the school holidays in 2022?
When are the school holidays in 2022 and 2023?
For most schools the half-term break will be from Monday February 14 until Friday February 18.
The spring term will re-commence on Monday February 21.
These are the remaining dates for school holidays in England and Wales over the coming year:
Time to get back to the books (Picture: Getty Images)
Spring term 2022
- Half term holiday: Monday 14 February – Friday 18 February 2022
- Easter holiday: Monday 4 April – Monday 18 April 2022
Summer term 2022
- Half term holiday: Monday 30 May – Friday 3 June 2022 (includes the two-day bank holiday for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee)
- Summer holiday: Monday July 25 – Wednesday 31 August
Autumn term 2022
- Half term holiday: Monday 24 October – Friday 28 October 2022
- Christmas holiday: Monday 19 December – Monday 2 January 2023
Spring term 2023
- Half term holiday: Monday 13 February – Friday 17 February 2023
- Easter holiday: Monday 3 April – Friday 14 April 2023
It is advisable to double check with your local council or with your local school to confirm the exact dates of the school holidays in 2021, as term dates can vary depending on the region and educational institution.
Share your views in the comments below.