Promoting a house is a wrestle for many individuals – however spare a thought for a few of these householders who’s properties are WAY previous their sell-by date.
A 3-bedroom indifferent bungalow in Leicester up for £325,000 has been on sale since February 22, 2012 – virtually 9 years since its preliminary itemizing – the longest time any property in Britain has been in the marketplace.
Different properties left on the shelf embody a £57,000 studio flat in Leeds up since 2013, a £100,000 flat in Nottingham and a £1.35million deluxe condominium in Central London, which have each been up since 2014.
The information was launched by On-line Mortgage Advisor, whose examine discovered that Oxford is the slowest space in Britain to promote a house, with properties taking a median 152 days to promote, with a median value of £400,000.
Different areas with prolonged gross sales embody Middlesborough, with a median of 149 days regardless of the typical value being simply £108,999, and Slough, with a median of 148 days.
Nevertheless, areas up North reminiscent of Edinburgh (45 days) and Glasgow (47 days) prime the timings and are among the many quickest areas for homes to promote.
Take a look on the 15 houses, through Rightmove, which have been on the property marketplace for the longest time in Britain as of November 2020:
1. This three-bedroom bungalow in Leicester has been in the marketplace since February 22, 2012 – the longest time of any property in Britain. Property brokers Spencers of Oadby say it has an “wonderful sized loft” and it’s up for £325,000.
2. This studio flat in Leeds is a part of a scholar improvement and is on sale for £57,000 – to money consumers solely. It’s marketed as an “funding alternative” and has been up on the market since December 12, 2013, as a flat inside a unit of 4 or six bedrooms.
3. This ground-floor flat has two bedrooms and is in the marketplace for £100,000. It’s in an condominium improvement close to Nottingham metropolis centre and in addition has a automotive parking area. It’s even listed as “chain free” – however has been up since February 14, 2014.
4. This fourth ground condominium boasting 1058sq ft and overlooking Tower Bridge and the River Thames is up for £1.35million. Regardless of being listed since March 7, 2014, this two-bedroom in London simply cannot budge.
5. Within the South Yorkshire village of Hatfield Woodhouse, this two-bedroom indifferent cottage comes with a big backyard with outbuildings. Although it is marked as a “character property” this £280,000 house has been in the marketplace since November 25, 2014.
6. This two-bedroom semi-detached house in Shipley, Bradford has been listed since February 2015. This stone-built abode is in the marketplace for £117,500 and has a lounge, kitchen diner, two first-floor bedrooms and a toilet.
7. First listed on July 7, 2015, this three-bedroom semi-detached home in Middlesborough continues to be in the marketplace for £89,000. It has a good-sized backyard, a gravelled entrance, as effectively trendy toilet and kitchen.
8. This four-bedroom terraced house overlooking the River Ribble is located in Broadgate, Preston. It has been in the marketplace since October 22, 2015 for £209,950, is described to be in a “fascinating location” and comes with three reception rooms.
9. Within the Shropshire village of Shawbirch close to Telford, is that this one-bedroom flat up for £87,950. It has been listed since December 8, 2015 regardless of its off-road parking, communal backyard and its leasehold with 122 years left.
10. Within the Mossley Hill space of Liverpool, this seven-bedroom house is in the marketplace for £1.1million. It boasts massive non-public grounds, two dwelling rooms, a designer kitchen, a big basement and fireplaces – however has been listed since December 16, 2015.
11. This Oxford one-bedroom retirement condominium is situated inside 5 and a half acres of land and is in the marketplace for £160,000. It’s situated subsequent to a care house that gives emergency care and housekeeping, and was first put up on February third, 2016.
12. This three-bedroom duplex in Cardiff is on sale for £750,000. Its situated within the 23-floor Altolusso constructing, the very best residential improvement in Wales, and was initially posted on February 25, 2016. It was even used for filming in TV drama Torchwood.
13. This contemporary property in Newsome, close to Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, is up for £189,000. The four-bedroom indifferent house has a storage, a lawned again backyard and off-road parking, and has been listed since March 8, 2016.
14. This two-bedroom floor ground flat was listed on March 9, 2016 and is situated within the Northam Street space of Southampton. It is up for £149,000 and is listed as already having a tenant in situ paying £8,520 a yr hire.
15. This end-of-terrace three-bedroom home in Bispham, Blackpool is only a quick stroll from the coast and has a rear backyard, 50ft in size, and off-street parking. It has been up on the market since July 6, 2016 for £114,950.