BEATLES fans have the chance to study their idols eight days a week on the first Masters degree on the Fab Four.
Graduates can sign up to start the course in September in the band’s home city of Liverpool.
Graduates can sign up to start a Masters degree on The Beatles in their home city of Liverpool in SeptemberCredit: Getty Images – Getty
Titled “The Beatles: Music Industry and Heritage”, it will teach students about the group’s influence on popular music and culture in the only university programme of its kind.
It is aimed at students considering a career in the music industry.
Programme leader and Beatles expert Dr Holly Tessler, of the University of Liverpool’s Department of Music, said: “I’m absolutely delighted.
Test your Beatles brainpower:
See answers at the end of the story
- What job were The Beatles made to do at The Jacaranda coffee bar in Liverpool before being allowed to perform?
- Which Beatles song is the most covered of all time?
- How much money were The Beatles paid for each record sold under their first contract?
- Which legendary guitarist “stole” George Harrison’s wife Pattie Boyd?
- Name the music-hating army in Yellow Submarine
“What makes this MA unique is its focus on The Beatles in a future-facing way.
“It considers their legacy’s influence on the music and creative industries, in popular culture, and within heritage, culture and tourism in the 21st Century.”
She added: “This MA is as much about the wider study of Liverpool’s — and Britain’s — heritage, tourism and culture sectors as it is about the role The Beatles played in them.”
1.Painting the toilets
3. One penny
4. Eric Clapto
5. The Blue Meanies
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]