A SAVVY shopper has urged Boots customers to check their local store after bagging £20 worth of Ted Baker body sprays for just £3.50.
Mum-of-one Lara Jayne Harris, from Essex, got her beauty haul from her local Boots branch in Rayleigh.
Mum-of-one Lara got her mega haul from her local store in EssexCredit: Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK
The sprays were scanning through the till at 44p each, and the chuffed shopper said she bought 11 and “cleared the shelf”.
Lara told The Sun that she thinks the spray was originally £1.75, which is the same price it’s being sold for sold for on Boots’ website.
That means she saved nearly £16 on her haul, according to The Sun’s sums.
We couldn’t spot the same spray being sold for the same price or cheaper anywhere else.
Nearly £16 was knocked off Lara’s billCredit: Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK
Posting her haul on the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK Group on Facebook, Lara urged shoppers to check their local branch for the deal.
She also said she received three of the 11 sprays for free, as Boots’ three for two offer was stacked on top of her haul.
“I cleared the shelf and bought all 11 and I actually received 3 for 2 on these too,” Lara said.
“So [I] received three for free and 12p ok points – winner winner chicken dinner!”
How to find discounts and deals
IT’S a fine art to hunt out deals and discounts on offer.
Here are our top tips for bagging yourself a bargain:
Check out voucher websites before you buy
- There’s always a chance of bagging a discount on your haul
- f you go on to Latest Deals – a website dedicated to discount codes – you can hunt to see if there’s a promotion you can take advantage
- Other discount code sites include Vouchercodes, which can also help you save
Sign up for apps
- If you download apps, you might be in for some free treats
- For example, KFC is offering free chicken wings through its app
Sign up for newsletters
- To keep up with the latest deals from your favourite shops, it’s best to sign up for a newsletter
Keep an eye out for glitches
- Hotukdeals often share glitches they’ve spotted
- Look out for coupons. Sometimes you can get further discounts on top of existing deals
- It’s important to note that shops can cancel genuine price errors even if you’ve already paid for them, so glitches might not always be successful
We’re not sure whether the deal is available nationwide, or whether it was available just at the Boots store in Rayleigh.
We’ve asked Boots for more information and we will let you know as soon as possible.
Last month, another bargain hunter scooped 20 hair products from 20p each as part of a mega clearance at her local Boots store.
Mum-of-six Kate Hawksworth, 30, paid £4.90 for her haul, which included 16 bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and four hair mask tubs.
The products were reduced to 50p each in her local Burton upon Trent store, and were even cheaper when scanned at the checkout.
She paid 25p for most of her items except for two Herbal Essences hair products, which were 20p each, and a few products priced at 34p.
We spotted many of the products Kate bought are being sold for around £2 on Boots’ website, such as the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo.
Martin Lewis’ MoneySavingExpert explains how to get £70 worth of Boots products for £23.
Boots is also giving away free baby hair and body wash – here’s how to claim yours.
Boots has launched a clearance sale with up to 70% off – but it’s only on makeup and beauty.