PIZZA Specific has confirmed plans to shut 73 eating places, placing 1,100 jobs in danger.
The pizza chain is the newest enterprise to announce job cuts and retailer closures following the coronavirus disaster.
Pizza Specific has confirmed plans to close 73 shopsCredit score: PA:Press Affiliation
Pizza Express stated its gross sales had been hit by the short-term closure of all its eating places because of lockdown, in addition to the price of reopening them.
It first introduced plans to shut branches and cut jobs in August 2020, however these proposals have now been accredited by collectors.
Pizza Express stated 89% of these it owes cash to voted in favour of a Firm Voluntary Association (CVA), which may also see rents lowered at its current eating places.
A CVA does not imply an organization has gone bust – as a substitute, it permits companies which are struggling to search for cost-cutting methods to maintain going.
Which Pizza Specific eating places are closing?
PIZZA Specific has confirmed the next branches will shut as a part of its Firm Voluntary Association (CVA):
- Aberdeen – Belmont St
- Barnstaple – Three Tuns
- Birmingham – Company St
- Birmingham – Mailbox
- Bournemouth – Submit Workplace Rd
- Bristol – Berkeley Sq
- Bristol – Regent St
- Bruton Place
- Charlotte St
- Dalton Park
- Dudley – Merry Hill
- Earls Court docket – Earls Ct Rd
- Edinburgh – Holyrood
- Fulham Palace Highway
- Glasgow – Princes Sq.
- Hatch Finish
- Ipswich – Lloyds Ave
- Leeds – Crown St
- Leeds – Horsforth
- Melton Mowbray
- Milton Keynes – Hub
- New Brighton
- Newport – Isle of Wight
- Newport – South Wales
- Nottingham – Goosegate
- O2 Finchley
- Oxford – Oxford Fortress
- Port Solent
- Studying – St Mary’s Butts
- Sheffield – Devonshire St
- Sheffield The Moor
- Southport – Outdated Financial institution
- Wardour St
- Whiteley Village
Pizza Specific wanted a minimal of 75% of collectors to vote in favour of the deal to present it the inexperienced mild.
The restructuring may also see the corporate’s debt pile lowered from £735million to £319million, with among the cash it owes being written off.
Pizza Specific at present has 355 branches open within the UK, with greater than 30 because of reopen within the coming weeks.
It hasn’t confirmed when its eating places will shut, nevertheless it’s instructed The Solar that these branches do not embrace the 30 websites which have but to reopen.
Restaurant and meals chain job losses
A NUMBER of high-profile restaurant and meals chains have introduced job cuts following the coronavirus disaster.
- Zizzi proprietor Azzurri Group introduced in July 2020 that it could completely shut 75 branches, placing 1,200 jobs in danger
- Frankie & Benny’s proprietor The Restaurant Group has proposed closing 125 branches, with 3,000 jobs on the road
- Byron Burger is shutting 31 eating places, round half of its UK websites, with 600 jobs in danger
- Bella Italia and Cafe Rouge have introduced the closure of 91 eating places, with 1,900 jobs to go
- Pret a Manger is chopping 2,800 jobs with 30 shops to shut
- Costa Coffee is axing 1,650 jobs – it hasn’t introduced any retailer closures at this stage
- Upper Crust plans to make 5,000 out of its 9,000-strong workforce redundant
- Carluccio’s is chopping 1,000 jobs with 40 eating places to close
The chain was reported to be in financial difficulties in October 2019 after it ended the yr with £1,122.5million value of debt following a pre-tax lack of £55million.
Pizza Specific is the newest in a rising line of eating places to verify job cuts and retailer closures in latest months.
Different chains to verify department closures embrace Zizzi proprietor Azzurri Group, which introduced in July 2020 that it could completely shut 75 branches.
What are my redundancy rights?
BEFORE making you unemployed, your employer ought to nonetheless perform a good redundancy course of.
You might be entitled to be consulted on the redundancy lay-off first and to obtain a statutory redundancy cost, so long as you have been working someplace for not less than two years.
How a lot you are entitled to is dependent upon your age and size of service, though that is capped at 20 years. You may get:
- Half per week’s pay for every full yr you had been beneath 22,
- One week’s pay for every full yr you had been 22 or older, however beneath 41,
- One and half week’s pay for every full yr you had been 41 or older.
Sadly, you will not be entitled to a payout if you happen to’ve been working on your employer for fewer than two years.
There needs to be a interval of collective session in addition to time for particular person ones in case your employer needs to make 20 or extra workers redundant inside 90 days or one another.
You might be additionally entitled to attraction the choice by claiming unfair dismissal inside three months of being let go.
In a press release, Pizza Specific stated: “The profitable vote unlocks the corporate’s potential to actively deal with the challenges introduced by Covid-19, securing over 9,000 jobs within the UK.
“Regrettably, the CVA proposes the closure of 73 eating places, placing 1,100 jobs in danger.
“The administrators of Pizza Specific thank its collectors for his or her assist throughout this era and stay up for ongoing partnership because the hospitality business recovers to development.”
Gatwick has also announced plans to cut 600 jobs – nearly 1 / 4 of employees because of coronavirus.