Bucket list items can be big or small (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)
There isn’t much time for adventures right now, with Covid restrictions keeping most of us here in the UK indoors.
When lockdown does end, people will likely want to do all the things they’ve missed over the last year.
Whether it’s travelling, eating and drinking, or completing feats you never thought you’d get round to, now’s the perfect time to plan your next moves.
If you’re in a couple, creating a shared bucket list is a great way to hype yourselves up for a fun-packed summer (and beyond).
Picking items for a bucket list – a list of things you want to do before you ‘kick the bucket’ – is a personal experience. However, we’ve put together some ideas to get you started.
These once-in-a-lifetime experiences are ideal for two people, and will make for some amazing stories to tell the grandkids – or other peoples’ grandkids if you’re child-free.
Remember, some of these won’t be suitable for everyone due to accessibility, finance, and other factors. Make your list with ideas that work for you and your partner, and the memories will last forever.
Bucket list ideas for couples
- Bag a Munro climbing Ben Nevis, or ramp things up and go for all the Scottish peaks during a hiking break.
- See the Northern Lights in Iceland.
- Watch the sun come up in a natural beauty spot.
- Pick fruit together and make it into a dessert.
- Go skinny dipping.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Put an engraved padlock onto a ‘lover’s bridge’ of your choice.
- Leave notes or presents around your area for someone to find.
- Get a couples’ massage.
- Eat a food you’ve both never tried, particularly while travelling and discovering new cuisines.
- Have sex outdoors (following laws so you’re complete in private, of course).
- Set up camp and sleep under the stars on a summer’s night.
- Swim with sharks. This can be booked at a number of UK Sea Life centres and aquariums.
- Throw a coin in the Trevi fountain.
- See the Mona Lisa.
- Hire a motorhome and go on a road trip. Make it even more fun by winging it with where you’re going.
- Stay the night in a ‘haunted’ house.
- Kiss under a waterfall.
- Fly business or first class.
- Let your partner choose what you wear and/or do your makeup for a week.
- Go snorkelling and see a turtle.
- Escape from an escape room just the two of you.
- Ride a horse.
- Ride a camel.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Go to a party together and stay up until morning.
- Go fishing together and catch a fish.
- Dress up in a couples’ costume for Halloween.
- See an international sports game (like the World Cup) in person.
- Run a marathon together.
- Attend a music festival with all your favourite bands.
- Join a class to learn a new language – then visit the country.
- See a total eclipse.
- Learn a dance routine together, or go to dance classes as a couple.
- Try stand-up comedy.
- If you can’t get a pet, housesit for someone who does while they’re away.
- Get a professional to take your pictures.
- Sing a karaoke duet in front of all your friends.
- Find out your ancestry using a DNA test and research your former relatives.
- Recreate your first date, even down to the clothes you’re both wearing.
- Have a ‘treat yourself’ day where you both get to do anything you want and pamper yourselves.
- Join the mile high club.
- Make a time capsule and set a reminder to look at in years to come.
- Bungee jump together.
- Sky dive together.
- Go on the scariest theme park ride you can think of.
- Go inter-railing.
- Have sex on every continent (you get a free pass if you miss out Antarctica).
- Try to break a world record.
- Write your love story into a romantic book.
Do you have a story you’d like to share?
Get in touch at [email protected].