NUMEROLOGY is the mystical study of numbers.
The ancient practice dates back to 569 B.C. and was studied by Pythagoras, a mathematician from the century.
✨ Follow all our latest news & stories on Numerology
Numerology dates back to 569 B.C.
What do the numbers mean in numerology?
The numbers in numerology range from one to nine.
They do not necessarily have a good or bad meaning, they just have a spiritual connection attached to them.
Numerologist Felicia Bender told Refinery29 that each number may present itself in a pattern, saying: “Every number contains its optimal qualities, while simultaneously challenging us with certain tendencies and obstacles.”
These are the number’s meanings:
- Number 1: Independent, bossy, insecure but with great leadership qualities.
- Number 2: Sensitive, always seeking balance and harmony, compassionate, and kind.
- Number 3: Highly creative, moody at times, active, always willing to help others.
- Number 4: Seeks stability, very down-to-earth, logical, not a risk taker.
- Number 5: Free thinker, progressive, adventurous, interested in freedom and spontaneity.
- Number 6: Nurturing, supportive, and very empathetic, always in tune with their emotions.
- Number 7: Analytical, detail-oriented, skeptical, and wise.
- Number 8: Successful, goal-oriented, ambitious, and a leader.
- Number 9: Dreamer, always positive, generous, and creative.
Numerology often goes hand in hand with astrology and can help clarify nuances in astrological signs.
The repetition and synchronicity of numbers has been widely studied in religions stemming from Babylonian practices.
Numerology is prevalent in Jewish mysticism through the Old Testament, Kabbalalistic studies, and other ancient practices.
The most powerful number has been something debated by numerologists.
According to Numerology Nation, the “master numbers” are 11, 22 and 33.
The three numbers are believed to “have the highest potential for success.”
It is believed that the numbers which are paired with the same number are more powerful.
Number 9 is believed to be the strongest number; the number’s traits include wisdom and enlightenment.
How do I calculate my number?
The easiest way to find out your magic number is by analyzing your date of birth.
To do this, split your birth month, date, and year into individual numbers and add them all.
Separate the result into two digits and add those two numbers together.
The result will calculate one number — your numerology digit.
Numerology ranges from one to nine
Example Birthday: 07 / 03 / 1992
0 + 7 + 0 + 3 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 2 = 31. Then add 3 and 1 together. Their Life Path Number is 4.
The life path number is similar to your astrological sun sign in the sense that it will reveal more about your personality, strengths, and weaknesses.