WETHERSPOONS has unveiled its new reduced menu ahead of pubs reopening in April – and we can now reveal the full list of missing meals.
Punters won’t be able to order a curry when Wetherspoons pubs reopen in April
Pub grub normally varies by Wetherspoons branch but all of them will be running the reduced list of meals when they open again to allow staff to socially distance.
In total, we’ve clocked at least 44 meals the pub chain has axed from its usual offering.
This includes most of the pub’s breakfast options, two of the chicken burgers usually on offer and all the curries and grill items.
A number of pub classics have been scrapped too, including their steak and kidney pie and all day brunches.
All of the items missing from Wetherspoons menu:
WHAT’S on offer on the full menu at Wetherspoons varies by pub, but here are 44 items we’ve spotted that are missing:
- Eggs Benedict
- Miner’s Benedict
- Mushroom Benedict
- Bacon butty
- Sausage butty
- Scrambled egg on toast
- Beans on toast
- Small beans on toast
- Breakfast wrap
- Veggie breakfast wrap
- Toast and preserves
- MOMA Porridge
- Tuesday – Steak Club
- Thursday – Curry Club
- Sunday Brunch
- Fish & chips deal Monday – Thursday 2-5pm
- Brie, bacon and smoky chilli jam panini
- Grilled halloumi and sweet chilli sauce wrap
- Extra toppings – red onion, mushroom, sliced chillis, pineapple, mushroom, sliced tomato, garlic and herb dip mozzerella , ham, chicken breast, maple cured bacon , pepperoni, roasted vegetables
- Grilled chicken breast burger
- Skinny chicken burger
- Extra fillings and sides: Maple cured bacon with american style cheese, american style cheese, brie , maple cured bacon, grilled haloumi, British beef chilli, five bean chilli, garlic and herb dip, bbq sauce , smoky chilli jam, fried egg, fried buttermilk chicken, grilled chicken breast,breaded veggie patty
- Brie & smoky chilli jam burger
Fresh from the grill (all)
- Simple steak
- Signature steak
- 5oz gammon and eggs
- Mixed Grill
- Large Mixed grill
- 10zm gammon and eggs
- BBQ chicken melt
- Surf and turf
Fish and chips
- Freshly battered small cod and chips
- Small Whitby breaded scampi
- All day brunch
- Small all day brunch
- Veggie all day brunch
- Small veggie all day brunch
- Steak and kidney pudding
- Five bean chilli
- British beef chilli
- Small ham egg & chips
- Creamy mushroom risotto
- Mangalorean roasted cauliflower and spinach curry
- Chicken tikka masala
- Simple Mangalorean roasted cauliflower and spinach curry
- Simple chicken masala
- Small southern fried chicken strips
Salad and pasta
- Rainbow and quinoa salad
- Pasta alfredo
Mixed grill dishes have been temporarily scrapped, including steaks
‘Spoons is also scaling back their offers which see punters pick up a free drink with their meal.
It means the daily 2-5pm fish deal, Tuesday steak club, Thursday curry club and Sunday all-day brunch deals are no longer available for the time being.
Customers will still be able to take advantage of the Fish Friday deal though, with a free drink on offer with every fish and chips ordered.
While punter favourites burgers and pizzas are still available to order, the chain has massively reduced their additional toppings and fillings.
Wetherspoons doesn’t expect to be able to serve its full menu until at least June 21, when all restrictions are to be lifted under Government plans.
However customers will be pleased to know many of their old favourites are still available.
The breakfast range will be limited, and excludes it’s eggs Benedict dish
Steak and kidney pies won’t be on offer when Wetherspoons pubs reopen
The full range of pizzas, four gourmet burger options, scampi and chips and beef lasagne have avoided the cut and are still available to order.
There are also new items to choose from too, including the beyond burger, which is plant-based and vegan friendly.
Pubs will also have to offer table service. ‘Spoons customers can order their food on the free app, although a member of staff will still be on hand for customers who don’t want to use it.
Diners can also use the app to check out the prices of meals and drinks, which vary by branch.
What’s on the Wetherspoons reduced menu?
HERE’S what to expect on the menu when pubs reopen on April 12:
Breakfast (served until 11:30am)
- Large breakfast
- Traditional breakfast
- Small breakfast
- Large vegetarian breakfast
- Vegetarian breakfast
- Small vegetarian breakfast
- Vegan breakfast
- Freedom breakfast
- Egg & cheese muffin
- Egg & bacon muffin
- Egg & sausage muffin
- Egg & Quorn™vegan sausage muffin
- Breakfast muffin
- 8″ pizza – Margherita, Pepperoni, Hawaiian, Ham and mushroom, BBQ chicken, Roasted vegetable, Vegan roasted vegetable, Spicy meatfeast
- 11″ garlic pizza bread
- Macaroni cheese bites
- Halloumi fries
- Topped chips
- Chip shop-style curry sauce
- Chicken breast bites
- Southern-fried chickenstrips
- Chicken wings
- Spicy coated king prawns
- Cheddar cheese and tomato
- Wiltshire cured ham and Cheddar cheese
- BBQ chicken, bacon and Cheddar cheese
- Cheddar cheese, mayo & tuna melt
- Southern-fried chicken and smoky chipotle mayo
- Cold chicken and sweet chilli sauce
- Baked beans
- Tuna mayo
- Five-bean chilli
- Roasted vegetables
- Freshly battered cod and chips
- Whitby breaded scampi Chips, peas
- Southern-fried chicken strips and chips
- Wiltshire cured ham, eggs and chips
- British beef lasagne
- Mediterranean vegetable lasagne
- Freshly battered cod and chips
- Ham and mushroom
- BBQ chicken
- Roasted vegetable
- Vegan roasted vegetable
- Spicy meatfeast
- Garlic pizza bread
- Served with chips
- Classic 6oz beef burger
- Fried buttermilk chicken burger
- Breaded vegetable burger
- Beyond Burger
- Double your patty
Gourmet burgers (Served with chips, six onion rings)
- Tennessee burger
- Ultimate burger
- Empire State burger
- BBQ burger
- Warm chocolate brownie
- Mini warm chocolate brownie
- Warm cookie dough sandwich
- Mini warm cookie dough sandwich
Customers won’t be able to stand at the bar either and they will only be allowed inside to use the toilet.
Wetherspoons customers won’t be able to pre-book a table either, so you’ll have to turn up on the day to see if there’s a space free for you.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We can’t wait to open our pubs with outdoor areas in England on April 12 and also in Scotland a few weeks later.
“We will be serving a fantastic menu throughout the day. We are reducing the menu slightly initially and look forward to offering the full menu in due course.
“Even with the reduced menu there are dozens of meals for customers to choose from.”
Marston’s pub chain is also to reopen almost 700 of its boozers from mid-April – you can see the full list here.
Fuller’s has also announced it will be opening 183 pub gardens when it is given the go-ahead to do so.