Table of Contents
GOLFERS will likely be dismayed on the information that each one golf programs will likely be pressured to shut in the course of the third nationwide lockdown in England.
Boris Johnson announced last night (Monday, January 4) that each one sports activities and outside actions would cease in a bid to cease rising Covid infections brought on by the brand new mutant pressure.
⚠️ Learn our coronavirus live blog for the most recent information & updates
A golfer performs the primary gap whereas sporting a face masks at West Essex Golf CourseCredit score: Getty Photographs – Getty
Will golf programs have to shut beneath lockdown 3?
Sure – golf programs needed to shut on Tuesday, January 5 beneath the Authorities’s strict new third lockdown.
The new lockdown will final for a minimum of one other six weeks.
Golfers had hoped that England would observe Scotland’s lead, the place programs have remained open regardless of the nation coming into its personal lockdown.
Golf programs had already closed in each Wales and Eire following an increase in coronavirus instancesCredit score: Andrew Barr – The Solar Glasgow
Nonetheless, golf programs in England had been instructed to close as a part of a wave of strict new measures following an increase in Covid instances due to the brand new mutant pressure.
The brand new lockdown guidelines state that outside train is permitted, however solely with a member of your family, assist bubble or one different individual.
However all indoor and outside sports activities amenities – which incorporates golf programs and driving ranges – is not going to be allowed to remain open throughout lockdown 3.
Golf programs additionally needed to shut in the course of the first lockdown originally of final yr and November’s second lockdown.
In an announcement, England Golf mentioned: “England Golf – as a part of the All-Celebration Parliamentary Group for Golf together with different main trade our bodies – is extraordinarily disillusioned with the information, having made a robust case in latest months to maintain golf open in the course of the nationwide lockdowns and within the regional tier system.
“It’s with nice remorse that we share this information with you, however please be assured that we are going to proceed to make the case for golf to reopen at any time when doable.”
When will golf programs reopen within the UK?
At current there is no such thing as a official date for the reopening of golf programs.
Nonetheless, the following Covid evaluation is anticipated to be round January 13.
What are the brand new golf course guidelines within the UK?
A brand new listing of strict protocols designed to scale back the danger of contracting or spreading the coronavirus are in place when golf programs reopen.
The R&A – golf’s governing physique – together with different main golf organisations and golf equipment have laid out a collection of latest guidelines for teeing off.
- Social distancing have to be strictly adhered to always
- People can play golf on their very own, or two individuals from totally different households can play golf collectively
- Households of as much as 4 individuals can play golf on the discretion of the golf equipment
- You’ll possible need to guide tee time on-line
- Ten minute spacing is anticipated between teams and people on the course
- Membership homes are anticipated to stay closed – so you’ll have to develop into your golf sneakers earlier than arriving on the course
- Folks ought to deliver their very own carts, and buggies are more likely to be unavailable
- Don’t share gear reminiscent of rangefinders or golf golf equipment
- Solely contact your individual ball
- The other way up flagstick cups will enable golfers to retrieve their balls with out touching the flag
- Rakes, ball washers and different course furnishings will likely be eliminated
- It’s best to easy sand in bunkers together with your toes
- Don’t shake palms earlier than or after the sport