A WOMAN fears she has been “scarred for life” after she was burnt by a radiator in a Best Western hotel that was “so hot you could fry an egg on it.”
Briony Anne, 25, believes she suffered second degree burns after she accidentally touched her back on a bathroom towel rail in the chain’s Pastures Hotel in Mexborough, Doncaster.
A woman fears she has been “scarred for life” after she was burnt by a radiator in a Best Western hotelCredit: MEN Media
NBriony Anne, 25, believes she suffered second degree burnsCredit: MEN Media
Briony, who has a designated Covid-19 hotel pass for work purposes, says the accident happened last Tuesday as she was preparing to check out.
She says her skin only touched the rail for a “split second” after she came out of the shower and was drying her feet.
She told Yorkshire Live: “I bent down and pressed my back on the radiator by accident and it was a split second if that and it stung immediately, my skin stuck to it.
“I was in a rush and didn’t mention it when I checked out but when I got home I looked at it and it had started weeping.
“So I went back to the hotel and they said there’s no manager available for a few days.”
‘A STEAK WOULD SIZZLE’
Briony believes the radiators are a danger to any children who could be staying there.
She said: “I know if I put an egg on that it’d cook and a steak would sizzle if it touched it.
“”It was beyond hot, it was scorching hot – it doesn’t need to be that hot to dry towels.
“If a child grabbed hold of that it would bubble all their skin up, it’s that hot it’s ridiculous.”
Although she has not yet seen a doctor she claims she can’t even have a bath because of the pain.
She has since attempted to complain to the hotel but has not been happy with their response.
She said: “Today I rang them up and was able to speak to them but they’re just not interested to be honest.
“She said she’s shown the maintenance man a picture of my back – I don’t know why the maintenance man needs to see that – and said he’s checked the towel rail and it meets the manufacturer’s specifications.
“I said the thing is, whether it meets them or not, that radiator has got to be going up to 200 degrees to burn my skin like that?
“It instantly burnt me, you can touch a radiator and hold your hand on it for a few seconds and it wouldn’t burn you like that.”
The Sun has reached out to Best Western hotels for comment.