Table of Contents
MIKE TYSON and Roy Jones Jr are going toe-to-toe TONIGHT in a spectacular throwback combat in Los Angeles.
54-year-old Tyson will do battle with Jones, 51, in a long-awaited bout, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible SIX stone to get in shape for the clash.
The California State Fee say the exhibition can be fought below the principles that each males is not going to search for the knock-out and can as an alternative “exhibit” their expertise, however each fighters have come out and mentioned the opposite.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The large combat is about for TONIGHT – Saturday, November 28 on the Staples Heart in Los Angeles.
- It was initially set to happen on September 12 however the occasion has been postponed till later within the 12 months.
- The undercard is anticipated to begin at 9pm ET – 1am GMT – and the principle occasion will observe between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to go eight rounds within the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
Iron Mike Tyson is about to return to the ring for the epic combatCredit score: Getty
What TV channel is Tyson vs Jones Jr on and might I reside stream it?
- BT Sport Field Workplace can be broadcasting the combat within the UK.
- The occasion will price £19.95 to observe.
- Protection begins at 8pm ET, which is midnight in UK. The undercard is about to begin from 1am GMT.
- The social media web site Triller may also be airing the PPV combat.
- Emmy-winner Mario Lopez hosts the present, and musical acts can be introduced for performances too.
- You can even take heed to all of the motion reside on talkSPORT.
Who’s on the Tyson vs Jones Jr undercard?
YouTuber Jake Paul leads the best way on the four-fight card when he takes on ex-NBA star Nate Robinson.
Viddal Riley, who educated KSI for his fights with Logan Paul, has pulled out injured and has been replaced by Hasim Rahman Jr.
And in a brand new unlucky twist, Riley’s alternative Hasim Rahman Jr, examined optimistic for Covid so the combat is off.
- Irvin Gonzalez vs. Edward Vasquez (8 x 3min, featherweight)
- Juiseppe Cusumano vs. Nick Jones (8 x 3min, heavyweight)
What are the principles of the combat?
- The fight can be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
- No headguards can be worn however the fighters can be carrying bigger 12-ounce gloves.
- Technically the combat can solely be stopped if there’s a knock-out, however California State Athletic Fee govt director Andy Forster mentioned he’ll cease it if a minimize seems.
- Referee Ray Corona will be capable to halt it if he chooses to.
- The WBC can be remotely scoring the combat with the winner topped WBC Frontline champion.
Forster mentioned: “Tyson and Jones Jr. gained’t be carrying headgear for the combat.
“They’ll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there gained’t be any judges current on the combat to attain the motion. So, technically, there gained’t be a winner until a knockout someway happens, or both fighter is deemed unfit to proceed.
“They will transfer round and make some cash, however I instructed them when you get minimize, it’s over.”
Roy Jones Jr, 51, final fought solely two years in the past
What have they mentioned?
Mike Tyson: “We’re throwing punches at one another. That is going to be my definition of enjoyable … damaged eye sockets, damaged jaw, damaged rib. That is enjoyable to me.”
Roy Jones Jr: “He is nonetheless Mike Tyson, he is nonetheless one of many strongest, most explosive individuals who ever touched a boxing ring. If something, I made a mistake getting in with him.
“He is the larger man, he is the explosive man. He will have all of the first-round fireworks, not me.
“I do have first-round fireworks, however he is recognized for extra first-round fireworks than anyone to ever contact boxing, apart from possibly George Foreman.”