Table of Contents
BOXING legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr will face off in a spectacular exhibition struggle in LA.
The 54-year-old Tyson will face Jones, 51, in a long-awaited bout, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible SIX stone to get in shape for the clash.
How Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr match up
The California State Fee say the exhibition might be fought underneath the foundations that each males is not going to search for the knock-out and can as an alternative “exhibit” their expertise, however each fighters have come out and mentioned the opposite.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The massive struggle is now set for Thanksgiving Weekend – Saturday, November 28 on the Staples Middle in Los Angeles.
- It was initially set to happen on September 12 however the occasion has been postponed till later within the yr.
- The undercard is predicted to begin at 9pm ET which is 1am GMT and the principle occasion will observe between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to eight rounds within the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
Iron Mike Tyson is about to return to the ring for the epic struggleCredit score: Getty
What reside stream and TV channel is Tyson vs Jones Jr on?
- BT Sport Field Workplace might be broadcasting the struggle within the UK.
- The occasion will price £19.95 to observe.
- Protection begins at 8pm ET, which is midnight in UK. The undercard is about to begin from 1am GMT.
- The social media website Triller can even be airing the PPV struggle.
- Emmy-winner Mario Lopez hosts the present, and musical acts might be introduced for performances too.
Who’s on the Tyson vs Jones Jr undercard?
YouTuber Jake Paul leads the best way on the four-fight card when he takes on ex-NBA star Nate Robinson.
Elsewhere KSI’s coach Viddal Riley can also be in motion as is former super-middleweight champion Badou Jack.
- Tyson vs Jones Jr
- Badou Jack vs Blake McKernan
- Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson
- Viddal Riley vs Rashad Coulter
What are the foundations of the struggle?
The fight might be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
No headguards might be worn however the fighters might be carrying bigger 12-ounce gloves.
Technically the struggle can solely be stopped if there’s a knock-out, however California State Athletic Fee government director Andy Forster mentioned he’ll cease it as quickly as a lower seems.
Forster mentioned: “Tyson and Jones Jr. received’t be carrying headgear for the struggle. They’ll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there received’t be any judges current on the struggle to attain the motion. So, technically, there received’t be a winner except a knockout by some means happens, or both fighter is deemed unfit to proceed.
“They will transfer round and make some cash, however I advised them when you get lower, it’s over.”
Roy Jones Jr, 51, final fought solely two years in the past
What have they mentioned?
Mike Tyson: “We’re throwing punches at one another. That is going to be my definition of enjoyable … damaged eye sockets, damaged jaw, damaged rib. That is enjoyable to me.”
Roy Jones Jr: “He is nonetheless Mike Tyson, he is nonetheless one of many strongest, most explosive individuals who ever touched a boxing ring. If something, I made a mistake moving into with him. He is the larger man, he is the explosive man. He will have all of the first-round fireworks, not me. I do have first-round fireworks, however he is identified for extra first-round fireworks than anyone to ever contact boxing, aside from perhaps George Foreman.”