Table of Contents
BOXING legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr will face off in a spectacular exhibition battle in LA.
The 54-year-old Tyson will face Jones, 51, in a long-awaited bout, with the Baddest Man on the Planet dropping an incredible SIX stone to get in shape for the clash.
How Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr match up
The California State Fee say the exhibition might be fought beneath the foundations that each males is not going to search for the knock-out and can as a substitute “exhibit” their expertise, however each fighters have come out and mentioned the opposite.
When is Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr?
- The massive battle is now set for Thanksgiving Weekend – Saturday, November 28 on the Staples Middle in Los Angeles.
- It was initially set to happen on September 12 however the occasion has been postponed till later within the yr.
- The undercard is anticipated to start out at 9pm ET which is 1am GMT and the primary occasion will comply with between 4am and 5am GMT.
- The legends are set to eight rounds within the ring, with Youtube star Jake Paul and NBA star Nate Robinson confirmed for the undercard.
Iron Mike Tyson is about to return to the ring for the epic battleCredit score: Getty
What stay stream and TV channel is Tyson vs Jones Jr on?
- BT Sport Field Workplace might be broadcasting the battle within the UK.
- The occasion will value £19.95 to observe.
- Protection begins at 8pm ET, which is midnight in UK. The undercard is about to start out from 1am GMT.
- The social media web site Triller may also be airing the PPV battle.
- Emmy-winner Mario Lopez hosts the present, and musical acts might be introduced for performances too.
Who’s on the Tyson vs Jones Jr undercard?
YouTuber Jake Paul leads the way in which on the four-fight card when he takes on ex-NBA star Nate Robinson.
Elsewhere KSI’s coach Viddal Riley can be in motion as is former super-middleweight champion Badou Jack.
- Tyson vs Jones Jr
- Badou Jack vs Blake McKernan
- Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson
- Viddal Riley vs Rashad Coulter
What are the foundations of the battle?
The fight might be contested over eight, two-minute rounds.
No headguards might be worn however the fighters might be sporting bigger 12-ounce gloves.
Technically the battle can solely be stopped if there’s a knock-out, however California State Athletic Fee govt director Andy Forster mentioned he’ll cease it as quickly as a minimize seems.
Forster mentioned: “Tyson and Jones Jr. received’t be sporting headgear for the battle. They’ll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there received’t be any judges current on the battle to attain the motion. So, technically, there received’t be a winner except a knockout someway happens, or both fighter is deemed unfit to proceed.
“They’ll transfer round and make some cash, however I informed them should you get minimize, it’s over.”
Roy Jones Jr, 51, final fought solely two years in the past
What have they mentioned?
Mike Tyson: “We’re throwing punches at one another. That is going to be my definition of enjoyable … damaged eye sockets, damaged jaw, damaged rib. That is enjoyable to me.”
Roy Jones Jr: “He is nonetheless Mike Tyson, he is nonetheless one of many strongest, most explosive individuals who ever touched a boxing ring. If something, I made a mistake getting into with him.
“He is the larger man, he is the explosive man. He will have all of the first-round fireworks, not me.
“I do have first-round fireworks, however he is recognized for extra first-round fireworks than anyone to ever contact boxing, apart from possibly George Foreman.”