SAMSUNG has introduced a brand new gadget occasion the place the South Korean agency is predicted to unveil its newest smartphones.
The Galaxy Unpacked showcase will happen on January 14, based on a brief teaser video launched yesterday by Samsung.
Samsung has introduced the date of its subsequent Galaxy Unpacked occasion in a teaser video uploaded to YouTubeCredit score: Samsung
A number of leaks and rumours counsel that followers are due their first have a look at three new mobiles: The Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Extremely.
“Over the previous yr, cellular expertise has taken heart stage in on a regular basis life as persons are working from and spending time at house,” Samsung stated in a press release alongside its video.
“The accelerated transition to a mobile-first world brings with it the necessity for gadgets that may remodel on a regular basis life into a rare expertise.”
The 12-second clip would not give followers quite a bit to work with.
It reveals what seems to be the S21’s triple digital camera module floating inside a translucent dice, alongside the tagline: “Welcome to the on a regular basis epic.”
Except for that, followers stay largely at nighttime over the specs of Samsung’s new mobiles – in addition to what they’re going to seem like.
Nonetheless, a flurry of leaks and rumours in current weeks have all-but confirmed what to anticipate from the S21 line-up.
The S21 and S21 Plus are stated to share the identical spec sheet, with the Plus coming in barely bigger.
The rumoured telephones are stated to be the follow-ups to final yr’s Galaxy S20 lineCredit score: Reuters
The S21 Extremely will boast larger specs and shall be even bigger, whereas additionally sporting a curved show and help for Samsung’s S Pen stylus.
The mobiles are reported to value between £800 / $800 and £1,200 / $1,200.
The Galaxy Unpacked occasion will kick off at 3pm GMT / 10am ET.
Samsung releases dozens of telephones yearly, however its S line typically will get probably the most hype.
The corporate sometimes unveils its newest S Collection telephones in February for a March launchCredit score: Alamy
The corporate sometimes unveils its newest S telephones in February for a March launch.
This yr it seems to be doing issues a bit of otherwise, with a January reveal for what’s presumably a February launch.
It comes amid rumours that the corporate is planning to axe its fashionable Observe sequence smartphones this yr.
They’re sometimes bigger and boast beefier specs than the S sequence, and include help for the S Pen.
Samsung – a quick historical past
Here is what it’s good to know…
- Samsung is a serious South Korean firm made up of many companies that function globally
- It is identified domestically as a “chaebol”, which suggests “enterprise conglomerate”
- It was based by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a buying and selling firm
- However over a number of many years, it branched out into meals processing, insurance coverage, textiles and retail
- It wasn’t till the late Sixties when Samsung entered the electronics trade – for which it is best identified within the west immediately
- It additionally launched companies in development and shipbuilding within the Nineteen Seventies
- At present, Samsung’s most essential sources of earnings are its smartphones and laptop chips
- The agency accounts for round a fifth of South Korea’s complete exports, and roughly 17% of the nation’s GDP
- Greater than 320,000 employees are employed by Samsung globally
- And in 2017, Samsung turned over the equal of £174billion immediately in income
In different information, Instagram has added a new Vanish Mode that allows you to ship self-deleting texts.
The Samsung Galaxy Flip Z may very well be first the world’s first cheap foldable smartphone.
And, try our iPhone 12 review.
Are you excited for Samsung’s new telephones? Tell us within the feedback…
We pay in your tales! Do you could have a narrative for The Solar On-line Tech & Science crew? E-mail us at [email protected]