ROYAL Mail has suspended postal providers to Europe and different nations as the brand new Covid pressure causes chaos simply days earlier than Christmas.
The postal service added Canada, Turkey and a number of other European nations together with France, Germany and Spain to its “on suspension” listing, with instant impact.
⚠️ Learn our coronavirus live blog for the newest information & updates
The Royal Mail says it has suspended its service to Europe and different nations because of the new mutant Covid pressureCredit score: TWITTER/CWU
Royal Mail’s resolution comes after 40 nations banned flights from the UKCredit score: Getty Photos – Getty
Boris Johnson cancelled a deliberate leisure of lockdown measures over Christmas amid concern over the brand new pressureCredit score: Reuters
The mutation’s unfold prompted dozens of nations world wide to impose journey bans on flight from the UKCredit score: AFP or licensors
The pressure’s alarming unfold prompted Prime Minister Boris Johnson over the weekend to cut back the relief of lockdown measures over Christmas for tens of millions throughout the UK.
Nations together with France, India, Poland, Spain, Switzerland and Russia have suspended journey from Britain and closed the border after the federal government introduced a brand new variant of the coronavirus seemed to be spreading far quicker than earlier varieties.
Royal Mail additionally mentioned on its web site that it couldn’t present a assure that gadgets posted on December 23 would attain earlier than Christmas because of the new restrictions in England.
Within the run as much as Christmas the Royal Mail normally experiences its busiest time of the yr however because of the new Covid variant bosses have warned to count on important disruption.
A Royal Mail spokesman mentioned: “It is a fast-moving scenario and we’re monitoring issues on an hourly foundation.
“We’re working to maintain as many worldwide mail providers working as doable given the present restrictions round air, street, ferry and prepare actions from the UK.
“Royal Mail has quickly suspended all mail providers to Europe, aside from the Republic of Eire.
“We’re conserving the scenario below shut evaluate. Clients ought to examine our web site for normal updates.”
Parcelforce Worldwide has additionally introduced it was suspending providers to Europe, in addition to Turkey and Canada because of the lack of accessible transport choices.
WHICH COUNTRIES HAVE BANNED FLIGHTS FROM BRITAIN?
The information of the mutant pressure of coronavirus spreading within the UK prompted nations world wide to introduce bans on travellers from Britain.
- Argentina: After a flight arrives Monday, all hyperlinks with the UK shall be shut.
- Austria: Flights have been banned from midnight on Tuesday.
- Belgium: Flights have been banned for an extra 24 hours after a one-day suspension was launched from midnight on Sunday.
- Bulgaria: Flights suspended till January 31.
- Canada: Justin Trudeau has tweeted that flights have been quickly suspended for 72 hours from Sunday night time. Brits who arrived on Sunday shall be topic to additional screenings and different “superior measures”.
- Chile: Flights suspended to the UK from Tuesday. Anybody who has travelled to Britain previously two weeks and doesn’t have Chilean residency may also be banned.
- Colombia: All flights to and from the UK have been suspended from midnight Monday till additional discover.
- Croatia: Flights suspended till January 31.
- B Flights suspended from Monday.
- El Salvador: Anybody who has traveled to South Africa or the UK previously 30 days shall be denied entry.
- Estonia: Flights suspended till January 1.
- Finland: Flights have been suspended for 2 weeks.
- France: All journey to the UK was halted for 48 hours on Sunday night time, together with freight, rail, ferry and air networks. Solely unaccompanied freight shall be allowed by means of. Eurostar and Eurotunnel providers will not be working, whereas the port at Dover can also be closed.
- Germany: An preliminary air ban has been introduced in till December 31, though authorities are working to increase this into January. Freight is exempt from the ban.
- Hong Kong: All arrivals from the UK within the final 14 days could have their quarantine prolonged, whereas new arrivals shall be banned from midnight Tuesday.
- India: All flights from the UK shall be banned till midnight on December 31. Anybody who transits by means of Britain will robotically be examined on arrival in India.
- Iran: Flights suspended for 2 weeks.
- Eire: Flights have been banned for 48 hours from midnight on Sunday. The 310 mile lengthy land border stays open at the moment
- Israel: All travellers from Britain, South Africa and Denmark have been banned entry. Israeli residents getting back from these locations shall be topic to robust quarantine, in keeping with Benjamin Natanyahu.
- Italy: Italian Well being Minister Roberto Speranza mentioned he has signed a decree “which blocks flights from Nice Britain and prohibits entry into Italy of people that have stayed there over the past 14 days”.
- Jamaica: All incoming flights from the UK are banned till January 4.
- Jordan: All flights between the dominion and the UK are suspended till January 3.
- Kuwait: Banned flights from the UK and added Britain to its listing of ‘high-risk nations’.
- Latvia: Flights suspended till January 1. Bus and ferry providers have additionally been shut down.
- Lithuania: Flights suspended till January 1.
- Macedonia: Flights suspended till January 31.
- Malta: All flights suspended to and from the UK from midnight on Tuesday.
- Mauritius: Travellers from the UK and South Africa shall be banned from midnight, with anybody travelling to these nations previously 14 days may also be denied entry.
- Morocco: All flights to the UK banned from Sunday.
- Netherlands: All air and ferry providers have been stopped till January 1 as one new case of the mutant pressure has been discovered within the Netherlands.
- Norway: All flights suspended for 2 days.
- Oman: All borders have closed for 2 weeks.
- Peru: All flights to and from Europe have been suspended for 2 weeks President Francisco Sagasti introduced.
- Poland: All these travelling from the UK shall be denied entry from midnight Monday.
- Portugal: Lisbon has introduced its ban in coordination with Spain, it is solely neighbour by land.
- Romania: Flights banned for 2 weeks.
- Russia: The Kremlin have suspended air journey between Russia and the UK for every week.
- Saudi Arabia: All borders have closed for one week. Arrivals from Europe over the weekend shall be made to quarantine for 2 weeks and shall be examined.
- Spain: Madrid has introduced that each one non-residents and residents coming into from the UK shall be banned from Tuesday. Controls on entry may also be tightened in Gibraltar.
- Sweden: Travellers from the UK and Denmark have been banned from midnight Monday for an preliminary 48 hours, though Swedish residents shall be exempted.
- Switzerland: Flights have been suspended till additional discover. Arrivals from South Africa at the moment are additionally banned and ordered into quarantine, though Swiss authorities introduced they consider the mutated virus is already circulating within the nation, however has but to indicate up on assessments.
- Turkey: Flights from the UK, together with South Africa, Denmark and the Netherlands have been suspended.
“We’re conserving the scenario below shut evaluate. Clients ought to examine our web site for updates.”
A word on Royal Mail’s worldwide service bulletin learn: “We’re working with our airline and postal/courier companions throughout the globe to take care of providers, nevertheless delays ought to be anticipated.
“Many nations have applied particular measure to fight the unfold of Coronavirus Covid-19, particularly for signature service to take care of social distancing. The variety of nations we will entry is altering day by day.”
The information of the brand new mutant Covid pressure has brought on 40 countries to ban flights from the UK to stop its unfold.
Because of the ban, a whole bunch of Brits have been left stranded at airports.
The ban in Germany left more than 60 Brits stranded and sleeping on camp beds at an airport in Hanover whereas screening was carried out.
Dover’s ferry terminal was closed on Sunday night to all accompanied visitors on Sunday night after France closed its border for 48 hours, creating queues of lorries miles-long, as they waited to have the ability to cross the English Channel.
Royal Mail’s assertion added: “Freight lorries can’t cross by sea or by means of the Eurotunnel and the Port of Dover has closed to outbound visitors. There are a lot of different nations taking related measures, so we count on important disruptions to our worldwide providers.
“All Mainland European exports and imports are impacted, and, Canada and Turkey have cancelled flights to and from the UK and we count on different nations to observe.”
Royal Mail has additionally made main modifications to its deliberate home schedule over Christmas.
The group has suspended their supply assure, which might have ensured put up can be delivered earlier than Christmas in the event that they have been posted on December 23.
Big queues of lorries fashioned in Kent in the present day after France imposed a journey ban on freight from the UKCredit score: Alamy Stay Information
UK arrivals have needed to sleep on camp beds in Hanover, Germany after a journey ban was launchedCredit score: ncjMedia