MEGHAN Markle “likes to move on” – and “anyone from past” is a problem, an ex-aide has claimed.
The former actress even expressed “a reluctance to make eye contact” with a former adviser during a tour of Scotland in 2018, it was claimed today.
Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
Meghan Markle’s former advisor Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne was blocked from speaking to the duchess, it was claimed
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry seen here on their tour of ScotlandCredit: PA:Press Association
The Telegraph today reported claims members of the palace PR team “body blocked” ex-advisor Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne from coming into contact with Meghan during a visit to the Social Bites cafe in Edinburgh.
Instead, Ms Nelthorpe-Cowne posted a photograph of her former friend on social media from yards away.
A former aide today told the paper: “Anyone from the past was a problem.”
They added: “Meghan likes to move on”.
When contacted by The Telegraph, Ms Nelthorpe-Cowne declined to comment on the incident.
However, she has previously spoken of her declining friendship with the duchess after she married Prince Harry.
Writing for the Mail on Sunday in 2020, Ms Nelthorpe-Cowne wrote: “When, recently, I found myself in the same room as her, she pretended not to notice – stage-managing it so that Harry spoke to me instead.
“Meghan has made a habit of ‘moving on’ to better things. And I doubt that will ever change.”
She also claimed she had warned Meghan, 39, of what life would be like married to a Royal but said the future duchess replied “Save it” with a “steely manner”.
Ms Nelthorpe-Cowne’s name has also previously appeared in court documents – accusing Meghan’s friend Jessica Mulroney of “putting pressure on her to withdraw or change statements” she made in an April 2018 interview with the Mail on Sunday.
Gina shared a photograph of Meghan and Harry from a distance in 2018Credit: Instagram @ginakrugco
The pair had become close friends while working together
Gina has previously spoken of losing her friendship with MeghanCredit: Rex Features
Meghan and Harry will speak out in an interview with Oprah to be aired on SundayCredit: AP:Associated Press
The string of claims emerged this week as the couple get set to have their tell-all interview with Oprah aired tomorrow.
The Royal Family is braced for more bombshell claims in Monday’s broadcast amid an escalating war of words.
And aides said the Queen has not been given an advance copy of Harry and Meghan’s chat with Oprah Winfrey – instead “everyone will watch at the same time”.
Senior Royals have reportedly urged for “calm amid the storm” ahead of the bombshell interview.
The chat, conducted by talk-show powerhouse Oprah Winfrey, will be aired on CBS in the US on Sunday night, and then in the UK on ITV on Monday.
This week, reports were published claiming that Meghan had “bullied” several former staff members at Kensington Palace.
The Sun Online had approached the palace and the Sussexes for comment.
The couple’s interview is expected to see them tell their side of the storyCredit: AP:Associated Press