A WOMAN is suing her local McDonald’s, claiming her dinner included a burger wrapper that was stained with feces.
Amanda Bordois claims that her family was sickened and suffered emotional distress because of the food purchased at a Millville, New Jersey, drive-thru, according to reports.
A woman is suing her local McDonald’s, claiming she found feces in a burger wrapperCredit: Provided
The food was allegedly purchased at a Millville, New Jersey, drive-thruCredit: Facebook
McDonald’s denies the claims, saying that an investigation found no proof.
According to six-count civil suit filed last week in Cumberland County Superior Court, Bordois said she and her daughter brought the food home on January 13.
Bordois claims that her daughter reached into the bag, took out a burger, and “noticed a brown substance all over the wrapper of the burger and on (her) right hand,” according the filing.
Having initially thought the stain was grease, Bordois claims she then noticed a “horrible stench.”
The suit claims Bordois – who is seeking unspecified compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney and legal fees – then threw out the rest of the food.
According the filing, Bordois said she felt “nauseous, disgusted and sick that she and her child just consumed french fries touching the burger wrapper covered in feces and in the same bag as the fries they had eaten.”
The suit alleges JDKD Enterprises/McDonald’s failed to prepare, package, and serve food in a safe, sanitary manner, as required by law.
John Durante of JDKD Enterprises of Sewell, the owner and operator of the McDonald’s, said in a statement: “Serving safe, high quality food is always our top priority and we take this claim seriously.
“We have taken the appropriate steps to investigate this matter and have been unable to substantiate the claim.”
‘FECES IN WRAPPER’
Bordois said that after the incident she repeatedly called the restaurant, but no-one answered the phone.
The mother then contacted the police, resulting in Officer Kevin Gandy writing his report: “”I looked into the bag and observed what appeared to be feces on the wrapper of a burger in the bag.”
The Cumberland County Health Department was later notified of the claim and an inspection was conducted on site, on January 15.
Within the health department’s report, it was noted that an an employee was observed putting on gloves to handle food without first washing their hands.
The matter was listed in the retail food inspection report, but restaurant maintained its satisfactory rating after the inspection.
Bordois, who filed on behalf of herself and her daughter, said she “actually did save” the evidence, but no health officials came to collect it.
The suit claims the plaintiffs “continue to suffer severe emotional distress, shock and mental anguish, nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, heightened anxiety (and) were required to seek medical treatment.”
The restaurant has denied the allegationsCredit: AFP or licensors