Table of Contents
GRAHAM POTTER will be determined to secure his first win as Chelsea boss TODAY when the Blues take a trip across London to face Crystal Palace.
Postponements followed by an international break has given Potter a lot of time to implement his style on the team.
Graham Potter’s first game in charge of Chelsea ended in a 1-1 draw with RB SalzburgCredit: PA
And the new Blues boss will be hopeful his side can rectify their defensive frailties which saw them surrender their lead against RB Salzburg in the Champions League.
However, Palace are quite often a handful at home – something which Liverpool found out earlier on this season.
But the Eagles’ recent record against Chelsea has been abysmal having not beaten their London rivals since a 2-1 win in October 2017.
When is Crystal Palace vs Chelsea?
- Crystal Palace are set to entertain their London rivals Chelsea TODAY – Saturday, October 1.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 3pm UK time.
- Selhurst Park in Croydon, South London is the allocated arena for this fixture and it can host approximately 25,486 spectators.
- Chelsea secured a 2-0 FA Cup win when the sides last squared up.
Is Crystal Palace vs Chelsea on TV?
- Sadly, Crystal Palace vs Chelsea will NOT be broadcasted live on TV in the UK.
- This is due to the TV football blackout law which prohibits matches from being aired live on Saturday’s between 2:45pm and 5:15pm.
- However, fans in the US can stream the entire action live via UNIVERSO.
Premier League 2022/23
Everything you need to know about the Premier League
What is the team news?
The postponements and international break may have done Patrick Vieira some favours as the Eagles boss Could see long-term absentees Jack Butland and James McArthur return to action.
However, Nathan Ferguson’s ankle injury is set to keep him out for a little while longer.
There has been no clear return date for James Tomkins, and youngster Chris Richards suffered a minor knock on international duty with USA.
Elsewhere, Graham Potter will be hopeful that he can reintroduce N’Golo Kante and Edouard Mendy to the starting line-ups having both returned to the training pitch this week.
N’Golo Kante has only made two appearances this season for ChelseaCredit: Getty
- Crystal Palace to win 17/5
- Draw 5/2
- Chelsea to win 4/5
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct as of Wednesday, September 28.