Fancy a sweet pick-me-up? (Picture: The ComfortOfCooking.com)
If you’ve already attempted all the lockdown 3.0 baking trends, then you might need something new to try.
How about three-ingredient shortbread cookies?
And, yes, you read that correctly. These buttery, crumbly cookies require just three ingredients and are ready to bake in just 10 minutes.
This delightful recipe makes around 15 – so there’s plenty to go around.
It comes from Georgia behind The Comfort of Cooking blog, who explains that while she’s not usually a fan of ‘roll-out cookie recipes,’ this one is pretty hard to resist.
They’re ready to bake in 10 mins (Picture: The ComfortOfCooking.com)
She also says that once you’ve nailed this simple recipe, it can be used for anything that requires a shortbread base – we’re talking millionaire’s shortbread, desserts and more.
So what are you waiting for? There’s no doubt you have the key components – butter, sugar and flour – already in your kitchen.
Delicious (Picture: The ComfortOfCooking.com)
See the full recipe below…
- 1 cup (around 226.8g) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (around 50g) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (around 256g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees celsius). Prepare two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add flour and continue to mix until mixture forms a soft dough (it will be crumbly at first, but keep mixing and it will form a dough). Form dough into a cohesive ball with your hands.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick on a surface dusted with flour or powdered sugar with a well-dusted rolling pin. Cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat as necessary.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cookies are pale golden brown. Let them cool on baking sheets.
Then the only thing left to do is to enjoy them with a cuppa.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch at [email protected].