The one pink cabbage recipe you’ll want (Image: Getty)
Relating to Christmas dinner accompaniments, pink cabbage is a agency favorite.
The truth is, pink cabbage is BBC Meals’s hottest Christmas recipe. The seasonal aspect dish was the most-viewed BBC Meals recipe throughout Christmas Eve and Christmas Day final 12 months – even beating turkey and roast potatoes.
Maybe you’re trying to give it a go this 12 months, or are on the lookout for a brand new variation on the traditional? We now have simply the factor to fulfill your cravings from a Michelin-starred chef.
The most effective half is that the recipe is extremely easy, as a lot of the arduous work is finished in a simmering saucepan. The one actual effort required is shredding some substances beforehand.
A standard festive aspect (Image: Getty Pictures)
Luke Tipping, chef director at Simpsons in Birmingham, has shared his spiced pink cabbage, with apples and chestnuts recipe under.
- 1 pink cabbage finely shredded
- 1 massive onion finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 2 cardamom pods peeled and crushed
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 massive cooking apple peeled and chopped
- 100g vacuum packed chestnuts
1. Soften butter in a big saucepan and add cinnamon and cardamom pods.
2. Fry for two minutes over average warmth, add the sugar and dissolve.
3. Pour in pink wine vinegar and pink wine deliver to a boil.
4. Add onion, pink cabbage, apple and sultanas, deliver again to the boil.
5. Stir effectively and canopy with a decent becoming lid or foil.
6. Decrease the warmth and cook dinner for 1 to 1 1/2 hours stirring sometimes.
7. As soon as cooked take away the lid and stir within the chestnuts .
8. Season with salt and black pepper.
Do you’ve gotten a narrative to share?
Get in contact at [email protected].