Got a craving? (Picture: Getty Images)
At last, Pancake Day 2021 is almost here.
After a long, long January, one of the main perks of February is just days away.
While kids all over the country look forward to Pancake Day each year, they’re not the only ones who enjoy the flat, sweet, satisfying foodstuff.
If you’re looking to pick your pancake poison ahead of schedule, and have a hankering for something just for grown-ups, why not give these bourbon pancakes a whirl?
Bowsaw Bourbon Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Yum (Picture: Bowsaw Whiskey)
- Heat a large frying-pan on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, whisking to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, bourbon, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry with the whisk, mixing only until just combined.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter mounds onto the pan.
- Cook for two minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with butter and maple syrup, then serve with a side of bacon and Bowsaw Bourbon.
Credit: Bowsaw Whiskey
If you like your grown-up pancakes to be more morning-appropriate, these coffee pancakes will put a bit of pep in your step.
If your cupboard is a little bare, you can try this three-ingredient pancake recipe that doesn’t call for eggs or flour.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]