Table of Contents
Try something new with minimal effort (Picture: Spirited Union)
The weather has seen an uplift – it’s brighter, milder, sunnier, and it’s finally feeling like the beginning of cocktail season.
There’s also something about cocktails that makes us feel as though we’re in holiday – which is something we’re all overdue.
From a fun pornstar martini to a dark old fashioned, there’s a cocktail for everyone.
But we tend to stick to our go-tos, which takes out some of the fun associated with cocktail drinking over all other kinds of alcoholic beverages.
So there’s nothing like a garden social meet-up to make trying twists on your favourite cocktails more appealing, and we’ve got four recipes to share.
With beachy, fruity and zesty flavours, these cocktails from Spirited Union Rum are refreshing without being too taxing.
Queen pineapple colada
For those craving a holiday (Picture: Spirited Union)
There isn’t a flavour combination that feels quite as summery as this.
You might not be chilling poolside, but sip on this while lounging in the garden with pals for a sense of escapism.
- Add 60ml Queen pineapple & spice rum, 100ml fresh pineapple juice, 10ml fresh lime juice and 10ml sugar syrup in to a shaker.
- Fill it with ice and shake.
- Strain into a tall glass filled with crushed ice and garnish with a pineapple leaf.
If anything pink is your vice (Picture: Spirited Union)
If you’re a sucker for pink gin, try this instead for citrus and rose flavoured hit.
For those going all out, you could freshly squeeze any juice needed yourself.
- Add 50ml pink grapefruit & rose gin, 30ml fresh lemon juice, 15ml grenadine and 5ml sugar syrup into a shaker.
- Fill it with ice and shake up.
- Strain into a glass with crushed ice.
- Top off with soda water and garnish with a mint sprig.
Sweet orange & ginger beer
Good for those who keep their drinks simple (Picture: Spirited Union)
It’s simple but a perfect way of elevating a ginger beer into something a little sweeter and refreshing.
- Pour 50ml sweet orange & ginger rum into a tall glass.
- Fill with ice.
- Add 150ml ginger beer and garnish with an orange wedge.
Organic coconut mojito
For those who enjoy a sweetened drink (Picture: Spirited Union)
For those with a sweet tooth, try this coconut-heavy cocktail that adds sugar syrup into the mix.
You could even freshly squeeze limes for sharper flavour.
- Add 60ml organic coconut, 25ml fresh lime juice, 15ml sugar syrup and 15 mint leaves into a tall glass.
- Add a scoop of crushed ice, churn and fill up with more crushed ice.
- Top off with a splash of soda water.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and add a (sustainable) straw.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]