A FIREFIGHTER who responded to a blaze at his own residence this week – to seek out his spouse useless from the hearth inside.
Corey Logan, a firefighter in Miami-Dade County, Florida, raced to his residence in Homestead on Tuesday afternoon, to seek out it crammed with smoke.
Corey Logan responded to a hearth at his own residence in Homestead, Florida, on Tuesday Credit score: CBS
Logan and his spouse are seen right here collectivelyCredit score: Fb
According to the Miami Herald, Logan rushed inside, the place he discovered his spouse useless of their bed room, as she was unable to flee the flames.
“He was one of many first in. He was on the engine firm that responded,” a supply instructed the Herald of what occurred.
A GoFundMe page for Corey that was arrange by coworker Christopher Morales says that on Tuesday, the firefighter was working an time beyond regulation shift once they obtained the decision simply after lunch.
Corey, in response to the fundraising website, acquired a Ring notification on his telephone “which confirmed a neighbor frantically banging on his entrance door which led him to imagine one thing was improper at his home.”
Logan discovered his spouse, who had medical points, useless of their bed roomCredit score: Fb
A coworker described Logan because the ‘coronary heart and soul’ of Miami-Dade Fireplace Rescue’s Station 6Credit score: CBS
Logan rapidly responded to the hearth at his own residenceCredit score: Fb
The firefighter was mentioned to be a caretaker for his spouse, who suffered from medical issues, and when he obtained the notification, they “hopped on the rig and headed to his home lights and sirens.”
After they arrived at his residence, the GoFundMe mentioned Corey “knew it instantly.”
“Sadly once we arrived we had the worst case situation. There was heavy smoke and hearth coming from his home [with] his spouse inside.
“We did our job and put the hearth out and searched as quick as we may however had been too late. She handed away because of the hearth. This can be a Firemans worst nightmare!”
Logan’s pal mentioned when the firefighter obtained residence, he ‘knew it instantly’Credit score: CBS
Logan’s ‘vitality is infectious and is arms down among the finest on The Job!’ his pal mentionedCredit score: CBS
Corey’s pal continued: “Not solely did he present up first to his home burning, but in addition misplaced the love of his life because of the hearth as properly. His complete world has been flipped the wrong way up and he wants our assist!”
Corey, a firefighter for over 20 years, was mentioned to be the “coronary heart and soul” of Miami-Dade’s Station 6.
“His vitality is infectious and is arms down among the finest on The Job!”
Logan labored with the hearth division for over 20 years Credit score: CBS
Fireplace division spokesperson Erika Benitez instructed the Herald: “Right now, out of respect for the household, we kindly ask for privateness as they’re coping with this tragic loss.”
“We thanks on your persistence and cooperation as we’re specializing in supporting our firefighter and their household.”
It wasn’t instantly clear what sparked the hearth of their Florida residence.