Mealprepping can be a real headache – there’s the question of what food you can stand to eat repeatedly, whether it will still be fresh and so on.
But one dietician has come up with delicious chicken taco bowls that are also super easy to make.
Leanne Ward, from Brisbane, shared her recipe which she normally makes in batch on a Sunday night for the week ahead.
The dietician said she normally eats one fresh while taking the rest to work at her clinic during the week.
Leanne shared a TikTok video tutorial to show how she makes the dishes.
‘Come meal prep with me – this is so quick and easy,’ she says in the video.
The ingredients she uses include chicken breast, extra Virgin olive oil, garlic granules, cumin seeds, hot chilli flakes, brown rice, black beans and sweetcorn.
While these are the vegetables of choice for Leanne, if you’re making these taco bowls yourself, remember you can add whatever veggies you like.
Oooh yum (Picture: leanne_ward_nutrition/TikTok)
- Chicken breasts (roughly 100 grams per serving)
- Drizzle of extra Virgin olive oil
- Garlic granules
- Cumin seeds
- Hot chilli flakes
- Brown rice
- Black beans
- Cheddar cheese
- Tomato salsa
- Chop up all your veggies, grate the beetroot, and your chicken into bitesize chunks
- Place the chicken in a container, drizzle olive oil and add all your spices. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for an hour
- Cook the brown rice and add the other ingredients including sweetcorn and black beans to each container
- Once the chicken is ready, fry it in a pan before distributing it
- Add some spinach, the chopped carrot and tomatoes and grated beetroot
- Garnish with lime, a sprinkle of cheese and some tomato salsa upon serving.
The bowls should last four to five days as long as you leave them in an air-tight container in the fridge.
TikTok viewers were impressed with the video. One person commented: ‘Omg, I need this.’
Another added: ‘I love this and would add a tablespoon of sour cream or yoghurt.’
The good thing is you can add other (healthy) options depending on what you like.
Do you have a story you want to share?
Email [email protected] to tell us more.