Table of Contents
- Best early Black Friday 2021 deals – LIVE NOW
- What date is Black Friday 2021 in the UK?
- When do Black Friday 2021 deals start?
- How long does Black Friday last?
- When do Black Friday sales end?
- What’s the history of Black Friday?
- What are the best Black Friday deals 2021?
- What retailers are set to take part in Black Friday 2021?
- Is Black Friday the best time to buy?
- Is Black Friday cheaper than Amazon Prime Day?
- Are Black Friday deals real?
- Will Disney+ be on sale for Black Friday?
- How to get a good deal on Black Friday
BLACK Friday sales have started weeks ahead of the official November 26 date.
A number of top UK retailers have begun slashing prices on coveted items, ranging from mattresses and kitchen appliances to beauty gift sets and toys.
Shoppers in Queen Street in CardiffCredit: Wales News Service
* We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
- Shop Amazon deals here
- Shop Very deals here
- Shop Boots deals here
- Shop AO deals here
- Shop Currys deals here
Online retail giant Amazon kicked off its early Black Friday deals this week, with savings on big brands like ghd, Philips and Samsung.
There’s also huge savings on some of Amazon’s premium memberships, with Audible slashed to 99p for 3 months and three months free access to Amazon Music Unlimited.
We’ve also spotted amazing savings on Shark vacuum cleaners in Very’s Black Friday sale, with up to £150 off popular models raved about by cleaning influencer Mrs Hinch.
AO has kicked off its Black Friday sales, offering bargain-hunters big reductions on coveted smart TVs, headphones and popular home appliances.
Tech giant Currys also has a wide range of early Black Friday offers available right now online, including big savings on LG washing machines, Dyson vacuum cleaners, and Tassimo coffee machines.
There are also some great beauty deals available online too, QVC are currently offering 50% off this incredible Elemis skincare bundle.
While the early bird savings are enticing, we always advise you to shop around to ensure you really are getting the best possible price.
These tools will help bargain-hunters spot the real savings on coveted items during the epic sale.
Below we will be tracking the best deals across all categories, from tech and electrical appliances to toys and subscriptions, as they’re announced.
Best early Black Friday 2021 deals – LIVE NOW
Find amazing mattress deals in the Black Friday sale
Black Friday is a good time to look for a bargain on a new mattress and most of the major bed-in-a-box companies slash their prices throughout November.
Latest Black Friday mattress deals:
You’ll have to be quick to snap up savings on the Nintendo SwitchCredit: Nintendo
The Nintendo Switch games console is a great buy for adults and children alike.
With the arrival of the new Nintendo Switch OLED, we’re expecting good deals on the older version of the console this Black Friday.
Latest Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals:
- Nintendo Switch Console at Very: £259 (save £20) – buy here
- Nintendo Switch Lite at Amazon: £199 (save £10.99) – buy here
- Nintendo Switch Console (grey) at Currys: £259 (save £20) – buy here
Airpods are a coveted item during Black FridayCredit: Apple
Apple set a new benchmark for Bluetooth earbuds with the launch of its AirPods back in 2016.
The second generation, which launched a few years later, has had a number of improvements, including a longer battery life and voice activation.
It remains a popular item for shoppers looking for deals during Black Friday.
Latest Apple AirPod Black Friday deals:
- Apple AirPods (2019) Earphones with Charging Case at Very: £116 (save £43) – buy here
- Apple AirPods (2019) Earphones with Wireless Charging Case at Very: £142 (save £17) – buy here
- Apple AirPods Max – Green at Amazon: £479 (save £70) – buy here
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd generation) at Currys: £119 (save £20) – buy here
Black Friday is a great time to look for TV dealsCredit: Samsung
TVs are always a popular item for consumers to splash out on during the Black Friday sale.
There’s usually a wide range on offer, depending on your budget and needs. Last year saw hefty price cuts on smart 4K HD TV models from LG, Samsung and Sony.
Latest Black Friday TV deals:
- Toshiba 65UL2163DBC 65″ Smart 4K Ultra HD TV at AO: £499 (save £100) – buy here
- LG OLED65C14LB 65″ Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa at Currys: £1699 (save £600) – buy here
- LG 43UP75006LF, 43 inch, 4K Ultra HD, HDR, Smart TV at Very: £359 (save £90) – buy here
- Samsung UE32T5300 32 inch Full HD, Smart TV at Very: £248 (save £31) – buy here
Look out for price cuts on Dyson vacuum cleanersCredit: Dyson
Dyson vacuum cleaners are some of the most coveted (and well known) home appliances on the market. So it’s no wonder shoppers clamour to pick them up at discounted prices during the Black Friday sale.
Previous sales have seen decent savings on older models, so if you’re not necessarily looking for the newest on the market you can find yourself a real bargain.
Latest Dyson Black Friday deals:
- Dyson V15 Detect Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner & Floor Dok Bundle at Currys: £499 (save £100) – buy here
- Dyson V11 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner: £449 (save £150) – buy here
- Dyson V8 Animal Handheld Vacuum Cleaner at Amazon: £299 (save £29.01) – buy here
Shark vacuum cleaners are a popular choice in the Black Friday salesCredit: Shark
The Shark vacuum cleaners are the closest rivals to Dyson, and often raved about by popular cleaning influencers like Mrs Hinch.
The state of the art cleaners boast additional handy Anti Hair wrap and Allergy DuoClean features to make your cleaning chores even easier.
Latest Shark Black Friday deals:
- Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaner with Anti Hair Wrap and TruePet IZ201UKT at Very: £199 (save £180) – buy here
- Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner with TruePet NV602UKT at Very: £179 (save £90) – buy here
- SHARK WV200UK Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – Grey at Currys: £99.99 (save £30.01) – buy here
- Shark Anti-Hair Wrap with PowerFins & True Pet IZ300UKT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner at AO: £249 (save £180) – buy here
- Shark Dynamic Technology CV100UKT Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner at AO: £149 (save £100) – buy here
The iPhone 12 is set to see big discounts this Black Friday
We’re pretty sure you’ll see some impressive price cuts on both the latest and older iPhone models in the Black Friday sale.
Last year the iPhone 11 had big discounts and we expect to see some competitive pricing for the iPhone 12 model this year, whether you’re after a SIM-free handset or pay-monthly plan.
Don’t forget to check out our best Black Friday iPhone deals for 2021 if you’re planning to purchase a new Apple handset in the sale.
Latest iPhone Black Friday deals:
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB, Unlimited data: £35.50 p/m (£69 upfront) – buy here
- iPhone 12 64GB, 50GB data and free AirPods: £34.99 p/m (£29.99 upfront) – buy here
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB, 100GB data: £39 p/m (£249 upfront) – buy here
- iPhone 12 Pro 5G 128GB in Pacific Blue, 100GB data: £47 p/m (£0 upfront) – buy here
- Apple iPhone Xr 64GB (Red), Unlimited data: £25 p/m (0 upfront) – buy here
Amazon has already begun slashing prices on own-brand devicesCredit: Amazon
Black Friday is often a great time to snap up deals on the Amazon devices from the online giant and its rivals, so worth tracking prices ensure you pick one up for the lowest possible price.
Amazon’s Echo speakers are the perfect entry-level smart home gadgets. You can control your music, make hands-free calls and use your other smart devices with Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant.
Other Amazon devices such as the Fire TV sticks and Fire HD tablets are also great affordable smart home accessories to snap up in the sales.
Latest Black Friday Amazon Echo deals:
- Echo Dot 3rd Gen at Amazon: £37.98 (Buy 2 Echo Dot for the price of 1 with promo code: ECHODOT2FOR1) – buy here
- Kindle Paperwhite: £79.99 (save £70) – buy here
- JVC Fire TV Edition 43” Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV: £299 (save £80.99) – buy here
Samsung phones are a great Android alternative to iPhonesCredit: Samsung
If you prefer Androids to iPhones, Samsung offer some of the best smartphones on the market.
Whether you’re looking to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S21 or invest in a new Galaxy Z Fold or Flip phone in the discounts, there are plenty of savings on pay monthly plans and handsets.
Latest Samsung Black Friday deals:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G 128GB, 30GB data: £50 p/m (0 upfront) – buy here
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G 128GB, 105GB data: £26 p/m (£9 upfront) – buy here
- Galaxy S21 5G 128GB, 100GB data: £33 (£49 upfront) – buy here
You can save hundreds off washing machines in the Black Friday sales
If you need to buy some white goods, Black Friday is the ideal time to pick up big savings.
Washing machine deals are some of the most alluring during the huge shopping event, with offers on big brands such as Hotpoint, LG, Samsung and Candy.
Latest washing machine Black Friday deals
- Samsung Series 6 AddWash™ AutoDose™ WW10T684DLH Wifi Connected 10.5Kg Washing Machine at AO: £599 (save £120) – buy here
- Bosch Serie 6 WAU28T64GB 9kg Load Washing Machine at Very: £479.99 b(save £310) – buy here
- Indesit MTWC91284WUK 9kg Load, 1200 Spin Washing Machine at Very: £219.99 (save £90.99) – buy here
- Hoover H-Wash 300 H3DS4855TACBE Freestanding Washer Dryer at Amazon: £358.99 (save £101) – buy here
- AEG L6FBG141R Freestanding Washing Machine with ProSense Technology at Amazon: £474.99 (save £124.01) – buy here
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
What date is Black Friday 2021 in the UK?
This year Black Friday falls on November 26.
Black Friday always falls the day after the American Thanksgiving holiday, which always takes place on the fourth Thursday in November.
What started as a US-only event has now grown into one of the biggest global sale periods in the retail calendar, with thousands of brands and retailers now choosing to take part.
Black Friday easily rivals the popular UK Boxing Day sales period after Christmas, and dwarfs Amazon’s annual Prime Day sale, which takes place earlier in the year.
When do Black Friday 2021 deals start?
Traditionally Black Friday sales began at midnight, but over the last few years many retailers have chosen to begin their sales even earlier.
We expect most major chains will tease early bird deals from the beginning of November.
This offers a longer stretch of time for shoppers to take full advantage of price cuts ahead of the festive season.
The additional time to search out deals will also be welcomed by shoppers who are concerned about supply issues that may affect stock levels of popular items during the sale.
You can check out our sale start date predictions for all the big retailers including Tesco, Very and Currys to get ahead of the rush.
How long does Black Friday last?
It’s highly likely Black Friday 2021 will be more of a month-long event, than just a 48-hour shopping spree.
Most major retailers are likely to kick off reductions from early November, with most running deals right through until Cyber Monday on November 29.
The move enabled consumers to shop for deals for longer during the restrictions that were in place due to the pandemic.
With restrictions now lifted across the UK, many retailers will be encouraging consumers back into stores.
But many bargain-hunters will still prefer to pick up huge savings online as soon as the sales go live.
Regardless of whether you plan to head to your favourite shops or sit on your sofa online and shop, it’s best to stay up to date with all the latest deals from key retailers by following this guide.
You can also sign up to retailer newsletters and follow key stores on social media to get important announcements and sale previews.
When do Black Friday sales end?
Most Black Friday sales will come to end on Cyber Monday, which falls on November 29.
Cyber Monday is traditionally an online only sale for retailers to slash prices ahead of the festive season.
Originally just a marketing ploy, the event has now become one last opportunity to pick up savings on coveted items without the chaos previously witnessed in stores during Black Fridays of yesteryear.
What’s the history of Black Friday?
The term “Black Friday” was first used by police officers in Philadelphia, in America, back in the 1950s to describe heavy traffic on the day after Thanksgiving as people began their Christmas shopping. That sparked a tradition in retail.
It became a big deal in the UK when Amazon introduced Black Friday as a sales day in 2010. Other retailers, like Asda, soon followed suit.
And, as online shopping became increasingly popular, Black Friday was joined by Cyber Monday, extending the sales period and introducing great digital-only savings for shoppers.
What are the best Black Friday deals 2021?
You can also expect incredible savings on other categories such as baby, beauty and fashion too.
Shoppers can maximise savings during Black Friday by using the Sun Vouchers website to check for extra discounts at top retailers.
It’s also worth checking cashback sites like TopCashback, which offer money back on any purchases you make at thousands of retailers when you use their site.
Right now TopCashback is offering a special £15 Black Friday bonus for all new members (it’s free to join).
The bonus can be used when making online purchases via the platform at hundreds of retailers.
What retailers are set to take part in Black Friday 2021?
Many top UK retailers are likely to take place in the shopping event this year. Here are some that have offered some of the best Black Friday deals in the past:
- Aldi – The discount supermarket is known for not only its food and drinks, but also its special buys range that includes DIY tools, homeware products and toys. Read our Aldi Black Friday guide here.
- Amazon – An online retail giant, Amazon sells anything and everything you could possibly need from electronics to furniture. Previous Black Friday sales have seen the prices of toys and electrical goods slashed. Read our Amazon Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Ann Summers – Ann Summers is the place to head to if you want to pick up sexy lingerie or sex toys. Read our Ann Summers Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Argos – Argos sells everything you could possibly want for your home. Read our Argos Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- ASOS – The online fashion site caters for all your fashion and beauty needs, selling ASOS own-brand ranges alongside popular high street and premium brands. Read our ASOS Black Friday guide here.
- Boots – Popular high street chain Boots is a great place to find top beauty and personal health items. Read our Boots Black Friday guide here.
- B&Q – home and garden bargains can be found at the DIY store and last year there was even a discount on inflatable hot tubs. Read our B&Q Black Friday guide here.
- Currys – Electronics giant Currys takes part in Black Friday every year and is bound to slashed thousands of prices. Read our Currys Black Friday guide here.
- Cult Beauty – The Beauty Brand carries high end brands, such as make up brand Charlotte Tilbury, to low-cost skincare companies, like The Ordinary. Read our Cult Beauty guide here.
- Debenhams – Pick up everything from clothing and accessories to homewares from the popular department store. Read our Debenhams Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- eBay – Online auction website eBay is bound to have thousands of deals on offer, so make sure you check them out too. Read our eBay Black Friday guide here.
- The Entertainer – One for the kids for sure, The Entertainer is jam-packed with top toys for little ones of all ages. Read our The Entertainer Black Friday guide here.
- Game – Gamers are bound to log on to Game’s website during the discount day to see what deals they can get on new consoles and the latest action-packed game. Read our GAME Black Friday guide here.
- House of Fraser – There’s likely to be savings across departments including fashion, beauty, electricals and furnishings. Read our House of Fraser Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- JD Sports – Sportswear fans can pick up everything from gym gear and football kits to trainers and accessories. Read our JD Sports Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- John Lewis – This high street favourite usually has discounts across departments. Read our John Lewis Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Lookfantastic – Bag a beauty bargain from this popular online retailer. Read our Lookfantastic Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Marks & Spencer – M&S usually offer deals across a range of categories including fashion, beauty, home and furniture. Read our M&S Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Morrisons – The supermarket often has big Black Friday discounts. Read our Morrisons Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Selfridges – The posh department store is where to keep an eye out for designer bargains. Read our Selfridges Black Friday 2021 guide here.
Is Black Friday the best time to buy?
Black Friday is a great time to purchase a wide range of items, across all categories.
But to really understand whether you are getting a good deal we advise shoppers to check price comparison sites to find the lowest price a product has been recently marked down to.
If you see a deal during Black Friday that’s cheaper than the guide price listed on the comparison website, you can be fairly confident you’re getting a good saving.
Read our guide to find out the key differences between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and which day is best for discounts.
Is Black Friday cheaper than Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is just limited to the online retailer, while Black Friday offers competitive deals from numerous shops and sites. And the former is strictly limited to Prime customers.
However, there are big savings to be had on Prime Day, particularly on the company’s own lines of products – such as Echo Dot, Kindle and Fire Stick. Prime Day generally edges out Black Friday on tech deals overall.
But Black Friday is generally top for a range of other items, including homeware. It’s also better positioned for you to take advantage of big savings when it comes to Christmas shopping.
Are Black Friday deals real?
Absolutely! Black Friday is now a well-established annual tradition, with all the leading retailers and brands taking part.
However, you should still exercise caution. Always remember that if a deal looks too good to be true, and you’re not sure about the source, you should think twice before handing over your money.
We’ll recommend all the best bargains on our Black Friday pages, so do have a read for inspiration.
Will Disney+ be on sale for Black Friday?
We’re not sure yet if the streaming service will offer any deals, unfortunately.
But you can almost certainly find great free trials and bundle deals on the Disney+ website – so if you’ve been thinking about subscribing, Black Friday is definitely a good time to do it.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Here are some of our top shopping tips for getting the best Black Friday deals:
- Do your homework Don’t just rush into a purchase on Black Friday itself. Plan ahead of time what you want to buy and how it’s currently priced, so that you know where the big savings are.
- Shop around The joy of Black Friday is that all the retailers are competing to offer you the best deal. Make sure you take advantage of that: compare and contrast different items or packages, and find the one that suits you.
- Start early Keep your eyes peeled for bargains in the run-up to Black Friday – the early bird catches the deal. And if you’re waiting for the day itself, set your alarm and start shopping first thing so that you beat the competition.
- Don’t forget the last-minute deals Alternatively, if you can hold your nerve, you’ll find massive savings at the end of Cyber Monday, as retailers offer their final deals. You might find they’ve saved the best for last.
- Take advice That’s what we’re here for! If in doubt, follow our guidance for the greatest deals and how best to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday – and beyond!
More Top Black Friday Deals
Looking for new kitchen appliances this November? Then you might like our Black Friday coffee machine deals roundup.