This recipe requires just four ingredients and ten minutes of prep time (Picture: Fitwafflekitchen)
In search of a new baking project?
This one is easy, requires just four ingredients, and delivers delicious results.
This time around, Eloise has shown us how to make a flourless four-ingredient chocolate cake.
The dessert takes just 10 minutes to prep before you stick it in the oven, and it looks rather impressive.
‘I’ve never made a cake so rich and chocolatey before,’ says Eloise.
‘It’s a bit like a chocolate mousse cake or chocolate torte!
‘It’s unbelievably smooth and silky, gluten-free, and perfect for chocolate lover.’
Sounds right up our street.
So, how do we make this treat?
- 225g unsalted butter
- 500g dark chocolate
- 7 large eggs (room temperature)
- 100g granulated sugar
The end result is rather spectacular (Picture: Instagram/fitwafflekitchen)
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave or in a bain marie and leave to cool.
- Add eggs and sugar to a separate bowl and whisk vigorously until the mixture triples in size.
- Mix batters together, adding the chocolate into the egg mixture one third at a time.
- Cover the outside of an eight-inch cake tin in foil and place it inside a large baking tray, half-filled with boiling water.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 30 to 35 minutes. It’s ready when the edges are firm to touch.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin and refrigerate overnight. Dust with icing sugar, then serve with raspberries and vanilla ice cream.
Do you have a life-changing recipe you fancy sharing?
Get in touch to tell us more by emailing [email protected].