Fancy an easy baking project this weekend? (Picture: Eloise Head/fitwafflekitchen)
If you’re on the hunt for a sweet treat for the weekend, we have just the recipe.
Behold: A delicious KitKat themed cheesecake.
The good news is that along with being super tasty, making this particular dessert doesn’t require much effort – you don’t even need to bake it.
‘This cheesecake was so delicious, super easy to make, and it’s such a showstopper,’ Eloise wrote on Instagram.
Sounds good to us.
So, how can you make it?
Recipe for a no-bake KitKat cheesecake
For the base/crust:
- 350g digestive biscuits
- 160g unsalted butter, melted
- 32 KitKat fingers
For the cheesecake:
- 500g cream cheese
- 120g icing sugar
- 480ml of double cream, cold
For the topping:
- 100ml double cream, hot
- 100g dark chocolate/choc chips
- 6 KitKat fingers, crushed
Yum (Picture: TikTok/fitwaffle)
- Arrange 32 KitKat fingers vertically around the inside of a cake tin, to create a border.
- Crush your digestive biscuits until they’re fine crumbs, then mix with melted butter.
- Pour the crumb mixture into your cake tin, inside the KitKat shell, using the back of a metal spoon to press it into the base.
- Make the cheesecake by adding cream cheese and icing sugar to a bowl and whisk until smooth, before adding the double cream in and whisking again.
- Pour the cheesecake mix over the base, using a spoon to smooth over.
- Place the dessert in the fridge to set, leaving for up to five hours.
- Make the chocolate ganache by melting the dark chocolate and adding double cream, then combining until smooth.
- Once the cheesecake is set, pour the ganache over the top, again using a clean spoon to smooth over.
- Finish off the cheesecake with a scatter of crushed KitKats, then pop back in the fridge for a further two hours before serving.
Do you have an easy recipe to share?
Get in touch by emailing us at [email protected].