MEGHAN Markle completely misread her royal status and felt “shunted off” by not living in Kensington Palace, it has been claimed.
The Duchess of Sussex was “drawn in” by the fantasy of royal life after marrying Prince Harry – but was completely unready for the significantly less glam reality, author Tom Quinn told the Pod Save the Queen podcast.
She reportedly felt “disappointed” at having to live in a “little” Frogmore Cottage rather than the considerably grander Kensington Palace where Prince William and Kate Middleton are raising their children.
But it was actually Nottingham Cottage, Harry and Meghan’s first UK home, which sits inside the grounds of Kensington Palace, that first hammered home the reality of Meghan as a second-tier royal, Quinn claimed.
“I think that actually, she wasn’t too keen on that,” he said.
“It seemed like they were being shunted off to a little prefab in the grounds,” Quinn added.
Read our live blog below for the very latest updates on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry…
DUKE OF SUSSEX ROCKS AT COVID JAB GIG
Prince Harry got a standing ovation after appearing solo as he joined celebs to film a Covid concert last night – in his first appearance since Prince Philip’s funeral.
The Duke of Sussex was among a bevy of big names taking part in the taping of the Vax Live show at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, due to air on May 8.
He said: “Hi everybody. We are at a defining moment in the global fight against Covid-19.
“Tonight is a celebration of each of you here, the vaccinated frontline workers in the audience and the millions of frontline heroes around the world. You spent the last year battling courageously and selflessly to protect us all.
“You served and sacrificed, put yourselves in harm’s way and with bravery knowing the costs. We owe you an incredible depth of gratitude, thank you. We’re also coming together because this pandemic cannot end unless we act collectively with an unprecedented commitment to our shared humanity.”
MORE INFO ON UNVEILING OF PRINCESS DIANA STATUE
It’s previously been claimed that Prince Harry would return to the UK to unveil the Princess Diana statue after chats with his brother at Prince Philip’s funeral “broke the ice.”
The brothers have had frosty relations since Harry sensationally moved to the US and stepped back from royal life in 2020.
But, according to Royal biographer Omid Scobie, the Duke of Sussex is still expected to be at the statue unveiling for Princess Diana at Kensington Palace.
Writing in Bazaar.com, he said: “He will join William at Kensington Palace’s Sunken Garden for a ceremony that was rescheduled from summer 2020.”
The statue of Diana is set to be revealed on July 1 – on what would have been her 60th birthday.
Load more entries…