Lea Salonga is greatest identified for her legendary vocals, however there’s nonetheless a lot that you just may not learn about her. The actress, who voiced Disney princesses Jasmine and Mulan, completely revealed 25 issues about herself with Us Weekly — together with her favourite passion, what she loves most about reside performances and the one instrument she is aware of methods to play. Hold scrolling to be taught extra concerning the 49-year-old Filipina songstress.
1. My favourite colours are blue, pink and purple.
2. I’ve 5 piercings: two on my proper ear and three on my left.
3. I’m very laborious on myself once I make a mistake in a live performance or present. [It] appears like I’m letting the viewers down. I have a tendency to hold that mistake for days, if not weeks.
4. My favourite meals is Filipino, adopted intently by Japanese, Chinese language and Korean.
5. I discovered methods to drive once I was 30. Unsure if that’s or dangerous factor.
6. I actually love fast costume modifications, whether or not [I’m] doing them or watching them.
7. I used to play classical piano. I’m nonetheless capable of play a few issues, however my arms aren’t what they was once.
8. In a single on-line livestream I did, I used to be chatting with just a few associates whereas singing, simply to mess them up. It labored!
9. I can transfer my ears. My mom says it’s a trait handed on from her household.
10. I can decide issues up with my toes. Now this I get from my father’s facet of the household.
11. I understand how to knit and crochet staple items, like little stuffed animals, scarves and place mats.
12. I’ll cease all the things when [the 1970s animated series] Problem of the Superfriends is on TV. Thank heavens I can discover episodes on-line.
13. My favourite anime collection is one which got here from Japan within the Nineteen Seventies: Voltes V.
14. I’m probably not into carrying jewellery, however I really feel bare once I don’t have a watch on.
15. I can whistle in tune and with vibrato.
16. I discovered typing in my freshman yr of highschool, so I don’t ever have to look down at my keyboard once I’m on my laptop computer.
17. Once I was youthful, I assembled a few remote-controlled vehicles for my brother to race. The directions had been all in Japanese, so I glided by the very detailed images within the manuals.
18. I liked math [in school]. It turns out to be useful when I’ve to tutor my daughter [Nicole, 14, with husband Robert Charles Chien].
19. I’m a serious evening owl. I like the quiet and the solitude. Simpler to get work achieved.
20. I’m not the best prepare dinner, however I’m pleased with the sourdough I bake.
21. I are likely to drift into no matter accent I occur to be round. Essentially the most notoriously contagious ones for me are British — Cockney specifically — and Australian.
22. I can’t watch horror films. The Ring completely ruined the style for me.
23. I gather elephants with their trunks raised. My late aunt informed me they had been good luck. I attempt to maintain one in my dressing room at each present.
24. “Dancing Queen” [by ABBA] is my go-to karaoke tune.
25. I like video video games and staying up till the wee hours of the morning enjoying them. My favorites are Murderer’s Creed and Remaining Fantasy.
The Tony Award winner’s live performance on the Sydney Opera Home airs on PBS’ Nice Performances on Friday, November 27 at 9 p.m. ET.
Take heed to Watch With Us to listen to extra about your favourite reveals and for the newest TV information!